Any Improvements?

Can the time difference (of twenty seconds) between successive VM's please be removed. It becomes really irritating for a league manager to send lineup remianders to the managers due to that. :)

Can the time difference (of twenty seconds) between successive VM's please be removed. It becomes really irritating for a league manager to send lineup remianders to the managers due to that. :)

Yeah. I too have this suggestion and I'm sure that many will have that.

The VM limit is tied in with a number of other flood control things, including search, that we need to keep in place for server stability.

I know that this is a forum but it would be good if this forum adds up Chat Box kind of stuff. This has heaps of advantage and it will be a nice addition to this already wonderful forum

As it has come up a few times recently I would like to remind users of two things -

First up, the following rule:
Reporting Posts
This system is in place to stream-line how quickly staff deal with problems. Please use the system with respect and do not attempt to deal with problems yourself. Members are strongly discouraged from telling others what to do and acting like moderators.

Secondly, there is something you should note that is not in the rules, and that is a rule against thread bumping - a large amount of the posts I delete for not following the rule above, are telling users not to do something that isn't against the rules in the first place.

Don't get bumping and spamming confused, if you post a rubbish post in a really old thread, it will get deleted, and posts raising up a really old thread are usually expected to be of a higher standard than those in an active discussion, but if a post is on topic, in the right topic, it doesn't matter if the thread isn't active. It is preferable to use an existing thread than to start a new one.

I'm not saying go out of your way to revive old discussions, I'm saying that if that old discussion is the best place for your post, then don't be misled in to thinking you're breaking a rule by bumping an old thread.

I still want separate Games section. There are many threads going on. I am sure it will be pretty active. We have a separate forum for each Cricket game, why not have "Other Games" forum for all other games?

Looking at it, I see half a page of active threads - and that's without splitting it. I don't think it is needed.

That's because they are in Entertainment forum and people don't want spam by creating each thread for every game belonging in Entertainment forum when it's only for entertainment purposes. If there is gaming forum,there will be itself increase in Games thread (and probably activity since all game lovers will have their own section). I am not in hurry. You can have discussion ins staff forum and I will be satisfied with whatever decision.

Users who are viewing this thread