Any Improvements?

By all means start threads for different games if they warrant it. That said you need to have a valid point to start a thread, not starting one for a bunch of games with a 'Discuss this game here' post, only start a thread if you have something to say about a game; that comment isn't carte-blanche to make a thread for every game.

Though I'd suggest that genre-specific threads would make more sense in the forum, most of the discussion in threads seem to compare games to other titles like them, so there's really not all that much of a need to have a thread to discuss each game.

Like we did with things like the Cricket Leagues forum, once activity gets to a level where it is overshadowing the forum it is in, we split things out.

Really, any change would likely be to just move the gaming threads back into Computers and Tech, but I think things work better as they are.

It's fine then, no problem. IDK but Gaming threads in Entertainment forum doesn't sound right to me. If there are good number of members in favor of this or if Entertainment forum got filled by gaming threads then perhaps we can have a debate?

There's one drawback though, creating gaming section will lead in spam with people creating many threads which have no more than 2 or 3 replies. I guess keeping threads is good option for now.

Would it be possible to have my VMs all deleted? I tried going through and deleting them but there are more than 100 pages of them. Thanks

I'd suggest it was just people were typing 'Friend' into the box because they heard about PC from a friend and it autocorrected to your username. :clap

I'd suggest it was just people were typing 'Friend' into the box because they heard about PC from a friend and it autocorrected to your username.
okay_face_Highest_Rated_Post_Evers251x23-1.jpg

----------

Oh, there are 5 users names starting from friend and friend786 has 14 and other 4 have 1 or none. I wonder why my name came on top :rolleyes

:p

99% of multiple account bans are when people banned for plagiarism create another account.
Here's an example of what I sent to someone a few days ago:

x said:
barmyarmy said:
Hi,
just noticing you and y signing in from the same computer.
Is he a friend?
Colin
ya he is my friend bro.. Now i'm using his computer.. I came to my friend home

I think you'll agree that that's not a particularly aggressive PM.

I don't understand what you mean about "asking for his password". We would never need to ask a member for their password as they can reset it themselves via e-mail or we can do it in Admin Control Panel.

Ultimately most the people who are complaining have been banned for plagiarism, tried to get round it by making a new account and ended up with a longer ban. We don't apologise for protecting the hard work members here do by stopping others from ripping it off.

One of them being suspected for asking for his password as they were in partnership
There's only one case I can think of in recent time where a user was banned over trying to get someone else's password and it was a completely open shut case, someone was asking for a password to another user's account to post as them. Alone it violates the multiple accounts rule, but it is also very dangerous for users on this site that someone was trying to get their passwords. It's certainly something I think always deserves a ban, and a lengthy/permanent one.

I disagree on the premise. We give a huge and fair number of chances to all users, far more than most other sites do. Nearly everyone with a multiple account ban is given the chance to serve the length of their original ban out after stopping making multiple accounts; many users take this up and return to the site, usually after a three month period.

If you don't want to be in a situation down the line of being wrongly accused of multiple accounts, let us know if a cousin/brother/friend will be using your PC to join/visit the site at the time they join. You can do so with a thread in the contact a mod forum.

is puzzled because he was in partnership thus he asked for his partners password to do up their thread
There's no reason to be puzzled - that alone is a reason enough for a ban, asking for another user's password is completely wrong in all ways for any reason. A user trying to do so represents a risk to all other users of this site.

Under no circumstances should any user ever give their password to this or any other site to another person.

The multiple accounts rule is simple - one person is allowed one account. That means one person can't have more than one account, and multiple people can't use one account.

For general improvements, could we have a template for Cricket Leagues (that are flexi)

Example:
Chatbox for SG

Users who are viewing this thread