Any Improvements?

Can there be an option to sticky the discussions in the social groups please?

There seems to be an ad blocking the forums list from loading for me. The banner still appears, but not the forums. I activated adblock and it loads instantly.

ad.amgdgt.com is what Chrome says it's trying to load, if that's relevant.

For what little it means, it works fine for me in Chrome. My best suggestion would be to clear out your cache/cookies and try loading things again.

If it keeps happening I'll get in touch with our ad people.

I cleared the cache, but had no effect. Don't want to clear my cookies yet since it usually logs me out on some websites and I need to make sure I can retrieve passwords for my new laptop. I can access everything fine with adblock, so if it's only me with the problem, it'll probably be fixed in a couple of days anyway.

For everyone who visits the site on a mobile phone I can now announce the availability of our new look mobile style for the forums.

You can access the style via the chooser at the bottom of the forums or by visiting http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/?styleid=66 - it might be worth using that as a bookmark on a mobile to avoid loading the full site, as there is currently no automatic detection of mobile devices.

The new style adds several features to the mobile site, including visitor messaging and not looking horrible, though some features of the site will still require you to visit the main site, which can be done through the 'Normal Version' link down the bottom of each page.

Your feedback is appreciated.

Looks great now. I can browse with so much more ease. VMs ans PMs are good too.

Easier to post replies now! Great improvement there.....

Btw, I cant upload attachments. :/

----------

Also, how do I get into my user cp?

Also, how do I get into my user cp?
You can't. Are there any specific user CP features that you need to access on the mobile site?

Btw, I cant upload attachments. :/
Are you able to in the non-mobile skin? On most mobile phone browsers - I've tried on Android and Windows Phone (and Googling tells me Safari on the iPhone doesn't support it either) - even if the button was there the actual file upload still wouldn't work.

It's not a deliberate thing and I'm not sure why the button doesn't show (and I'll have a look into it) - but in all likelihood except for those using the mobile style on the desktop, there's not much situation where it matters either way.

You can't. Are there any specific user CP features that you need to access on the mobile site?
Nothing that would be used frequently. I thought using the mobile theme on mobile phone, would be the same when I use my Laptop. So to check my theme settings. Its alright so no issues about that.

Are you able to in the non-mobile skin? On most mobile phone browsers - I've tried on Android and Windows Phone (and Googling tells me Safari on the iPhone doesn't support it either) - even if the button was there the actual file upload still wouldn't work.

Never tried it before.

Edit: Can't something like a flash uploader be made? Shouldn't that work?

Last edited:
Nothing that would be used frequently. I thought using the mobile them on on mobile phone, would be the same when I use my Laptop. So to check my theme settings. Its alright so no issues about that.
Yeah, the theme is set in two ways, either by a cookie from when you use the style selector - in which case you'll have it set on your mobile from choosing it there, and won't have it set on your desktop. The other way is selecting a default theme in your user cp, which will make it default to that on any device - as long as you don't set the mobile style there, you'll usually get the one you want.

Either way, just scroll to the bottom and hit 'Normal Version' and it will take you back to the normal version of the site.

Edit: Can't something like a flash uploader be made? Shouldn't that work?
Well most phones don't have flash, but the issue is mostly around the fact most phones don't have user accessible file systems - so it can't throw you up a general browse dialog to get a file to upload, as the devices expect you to have specific apps per file type.

Users who are viewing this thread