Any Improvements?

It was added for some reason a while back as it was being over-used by several posters to describe pretty much everything. I can take it out if it's going to be used responsibly.

Can't you make it that it could only be used like its say in the Political section? Because I don't think there is a need to use it anywhere else in the forum basically

There's some bug in the forums. The post owners are getting changed automatically.(?) For example, this post belonged to VC the slogger few hours ago, now its a newbie's.

Having this problem in vbookie.. works fine when we first click on vbookie, however, if we refresh the page (PlanetCricket Forums - vBookie) this error occurs..

Database error
The PlanetCricket Forums database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the PlanetCricket home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The PlanetCricket forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

Code:
Database error in vBulletin 3.8.3:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT item.item_id, item.item_title, item.threadid, grp.group_title, item.item_status, item.item_created, item.item_open_until, item.item_pay_after, thread.threadid, thread.forumid, thread.postuserid
		FROM vbookie_items AS item
		LEFT JOIN vbookie_groups AS grp ON grp.group_id = item.group_id
		LEFT JOIN thread AS thread ON thread.vbookie_item_id = item.item_id
		WHERE item.item_status='OPEN'
		ORDER BY item.item_open_until, item.item_pay_after,  item.item_id DESC 
		LIMIT 0, 20;

MySQL Error   : The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay
Error Number  : 1104
Request Date  : Tuesday, February 12th 2013 @ 07:37:00 AM
Error Date    : Tuesday, February 12th 2013 @ 07:37:00 AM
Script        : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/vbookie.php
Referrer      : http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/vbookie.php
IP Address    : xxx.xxx.x.xx
Username      : Abhas
Classname     : vB_Database
MySQL Version : 5.1.61

Last edited:
Having this problem in vbookie.. works fine when we first click on vbookie, however, if we refresh the page (PlanetCricket Forums - vBookie) this error occurs..
When I've experienced that error a refresh usually solved it. The long term solution might be to cull the server of the previous vBookie events to reduce the table size - we'll have - though I worry that might break things with vCash/threads.

It is pretty random. I've faced this problem mostly on my iPad on chrome browser. I tried it on the computer today and it showed up this error once, but it did not repeat.

It is pretty random. I've faced this problem mostly on my iPad on chrome browser. I tried it on the computer today and it showed up this error once, but it did not repeat.
Well it is certainly a server side error not something because of your browser, so you're fine regarding that.

We already have a lot of themes, and personally, I've never used any other apart from the default.
It's just a matter of getting used to something.

Users who are viewing this thread