Any Improvements?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but is it possible to allow three or four word searches in the advanced search? I find that it becomes difficult to search for specific things when all my words have to be above four letters long. Especially if the words I want to use aren't very common.
Try adding AND in caps next to each word.

Try adding AND in caps next to each word.
I'm not sure I quite get it. As an example, if I wanted to search Big Ant, how would I phrase that so it would search? I tried a few different varieties of using the AND but it didn't come up with any results.

I'm not sure I quite get it. As an example, if I wanted to search Big Ant, how would I phrase that so it would search? I tried a few different varieties of using the AND but it didn't come up with any results.
Ah, was reading you wrong. I've changed the setting to allow shorter words to be searched for, but it may not be as effective. Will take a while to take effect.

Often it's easier just to google with a site:planetcricket.org/forums on the end.

I guess this post got lost within the other ones, I feel others in the league community wish the same?
I saw it, but it should be obvious my view is that I prefer how they look now as quotes.

If there's a particular league layout thing you want I could add a new code with the old style, but I certainly don't want to change the default quotes back.

Testing

As with any change it takes a while to always work, but [noparse][/noparse] will give you the old style quotes. They don't work for listing a user (the 'Originally posted by y'), but I assume that you just want the formatting with the box.

What was that? It popped up a few minutes back.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 16
What was that? It popped up a few minutes back.
As it says, a server timeout. The error looks different as we recently moved to using a service called Cloudflare, which distributes a lot of the site from servers closer to you, which should (and certainly in my experience does) speed up the site's loading times.

In nearly all cases a refresh should solve it, otherwise, after about 15 minutes give it another shot.

As it says, a server timeout. The error looks different as we recently moved to using a service called Cloudflare, which distributes a lot of the site from servers closer to you, which should (and certainly in my experience does) speed up the site's loading times.

In nearly all cases a refresh should solve it, otherwise, after about 15 minutes give it another shot.

Yes that worked. Thanks.

And here I was thinking my net speed had increased a bit :lol

Can we have a [subscript] and [supersubscipt] tag added, like the html ones? sometimes we might just need them, for better presentation of posts.

Can't see why you'd need them[citation needed], but because I have no reason not to, they are implemented (or at least should be).

gets you superscript and gets you subscript.

Users who are viewing this thread