Any Improvements?

in this forum http://forums.d2jsp.org/index.php
when you press the image button, or the url button, it doesnt take ages and a new window pops up, it just goes straight to where you were in typing
i think that that should be changed

Although sometimes PC has been a bit slow recently, I don't think it is a major issue Dominik. Trying to change the forum for little things like that does seem to be less of a priority when the mods are trying to re-build the news article forum on the main-page to attract more attention, or something like that, if I am not mistaken

Might I suggest that we move the "Cricket News Members' Articles" sub-forum to the Cricket Zone to make it more noticeable? I imagine that's where most people on this forum look, though I haven't been here for long.

Might I suggest that we move the "Cricket News Members' Articles" sub-forum to the Cricket Zone to make it more noticeable? I imagine that's where most people on this forum look, though I haven't been here for long.

Good idea. We'll definitely look at that?

This issue has been debated since the beginnings of time. It still hasn't been decided what will happen.

It has? Cricket articles forum was only created last year...

I just noticed the new forum arrangement. It looks confusing after getting used to the earlier one, but after some time it looks more logical and easier to navigate. Cheers :)

Liking the new forum arrangement. Good to see TAOC finally gets its own forum. :)

Just two questions though. Should the "Planet Gaming News" forum be at the top with announcements and suggestions? So when there is a new piece of gaming news, it's easy to notice.

2nd question, is there a chance we could get a message up the top of the screen, saying "New Reputation Recieved". If not that, then perhaps changing the colour of the User CP link when you get a new rep.

Last edited:
Liking the new forum arrangement. Good to see TAOC finally gets its own forum. :)

Just two questions though. Should the "Planet Gaming News" forum be at the top with announcements and suggestions? So when there is a new piece of gaming news, it's easy to notice.

2nd question, is there a chance we could get a message up the top of the screen, saying "New Reputation Recieved". If not that, then perhaps changing the colour of the User CP link when you get a new rep.

AFAIK, the reps will be removed altogether soon.

Good to hear. There are a few more changes on the way...

We wanted to have the news forums along with the forums where you discuss the news. The PlanetCricket.net Cricket Gaming News forum is for news about the games that are above it, so we felt it was best placed there. Although it could be moved to above BLIC if enough people think that is a better spot for it. It also appears on the portal.

I know that it is possible to have a message like that (via a modification to the site). But we are currently considering the future of the rep system, and we won't be adding something like that until a final decision has been made on it.

I know that it is possible to have a message like that (via a modification to the site). But we are currently considering the future of the rep system, and we won't be adding something like that until a final decision has been made on it.

Excellent job guys. I think the forum does look a lot better and actually a lot more organised. Everything seems to belong if you know what I mean. I do however hope that the rep system is kept in place, and maybe before you guys considered getting rid of it if you could hold a poll/vote with the members.

Actually I do feel I have to add if things like TAOC get it's own space on the main forum page, so should vbookie

Last edited:
Is it possible that we leave comments on each others profiles? Would be better than reps but obviously you don't want people leaving abuse I'm thinking more for just saving me Pming people if I ever have to.

Plus I think there should be a better way of rewarding people who actually do something like make downloads and stuff.

Is it possible that we leave comments on each others profiles? Would be better than reps but obviously you don't want people leaving abuse I'm thinking more for just saving me Pming people if I ever have to.

Plus I think there should be a better way of rewarding people who actually do something like make downloads and stuff.

Called promotion ;)

I feel the rep system should be removed, it has caused more arguments than anything since its been in place and people think the person with the biggest rep is the best member on the forum, which is not right.

Users who are viewing this thread