Review: Anyone else unsatisfied?

There is no hating. Just 'unsatisfied people' vs contented souls.

Contented souls, I have contented soles, these shoes are very comfortable.[DOUBLEPOST=1485265152][/DOUBLEPOST]
A good county unlike the glory support from the Surrey faithful. Western Warriors? Where are they maybe next year.

Okay we'll stop there, the neighbors may complain.[DOUBLEPOST=1485265213][/DOUBLEPOST]
So turns out there's some serious man hating in this thread. Damn.

This game started out good and patch 3 seems to have fixed a lot so I am content now.

General feedback looks good so all positive.

Contented souls, I have contented soles, these shoes are very comfortable.

Well, Good for you. Other unsatisfied ppl can rant about the game which is not worth half the price they paid for.

Screenshot_2017-01-25-05-02-54-137.jpeg

Another unsatisfied Customer

Right now yes. Three patches in on the second version of the game, a couple of years after the first one came out, and there are huge game-breaking issues. Perhaps they are tolerable for others but with no many quality video games out there I struggle to justify the time to play this, which is super sad.

Alas I've stopped playing, after paying 50 quid for a PS4 copy I find bitterly disappointing and something I've never done with a game before, especially one I was so looking forward too

I came into DBC14 late, some 12 months after release so I guess all the issues had been ironed out, I thought it was a superb game and was extremely excited about 17
I find it bafffling the same company can take a game backwards with the sequel, itching to play a career but all I read is bug after bug after bug so I've put it away for a couple of months until hopefully it's fixed

A real shame Big Ant messed this up so badly as their efforts on this message board and how they listen to their customers is second to none

Game isn't terrible by any means. Just that it is falling in the average category right now. Very meh graphics, lots of bugs, poor animations and I mean some are really terrible, punishing AI, only one animation per shot making the whole downloading of players nonsense (I mean whats the point if Kane Williamson plays the shot the exact same way as Sharjeel Khan or Kohli or Joe Root or even a no name bowler from Papua New Guinea?), skills don't really differ between players as such etc.
The gameplay is still good because the foundation is really solid with DBC 14. Sadly, this one took a step back in it's wow factor and satisfaction (I bought it on PS4 and PC and I play it on PS VR [nonVR mode] and graphics are really bad, esp shots outside stadium. They look like from a game from 1996).

I don't regret the double purchase because I want to support the dev. To the dev, money gained is money gained. I think they know how to make good games and hopefully they'll align with a bigger studio and make a stellar DBC 18 next year.

I think there's a lot of unfair criticism of this game to be honest, it's a huge game by sport sim standards and probably fixing one thing breaks another but the BA unlike a lot of publishers do listen and fix what needs fixing and support the whole project. Is it better than DBC14??? it's certainly bigger and I still use '14. I guess the only thing I can't get used to and no offence is a youngster in the commentary box ;) it doesn't happen real world, should have bought the '14 commentary crew in plus one or two others... do appreciate though that licenced stars costs money !! One thing id like to see (and I'll add this to another thread) is ground based scoreboards from around the world from the SA & Aus digital ones to the UK's flip style numbers and some of the old painstaking put the score up yourself type of thing... just an idea :)

Loving the game, keep up the good work BA - happy customer !!

I think there's a lot of unfair criticism of this game to be honest, it's a huge game by sport sim standards and probably fixing one thing breaks another but the BA unlike a lot of publishers do listen and fix what needs fixing and support the whole project. Is it better than DBC14??? it's certainly bigger and I still use '14. I guess the only thing I can't get used to and no offence is a youngster in the commentary box ;) it doesn't happen real world, should have bought the '14 commentary crew in plus one or two others... do appreciate though that licenced stars costs money !! One thing id like to see (and I'll add this to another thread) is ground based scoreboards from around the world from the SA & Aus digital ones to the UK's flip style numbers and some of the old painstaking put the score up yourself type of thing... just an idea :)

Loving the game, keep up the good work BA - happy customer !!

For me BA's willingness to work with the community and effort to fix issues is enough for me to be happy. A third or fourth game will need to be better on release though.

For me BA's willingness to work with the community and effort to fix issues is enough for me to be happy. A third or fourth game will need to be better on release though.

Forgot about the third/ fourth game, when is BA releasing the next patch?

Forgot about the third/ fourth game, when is BA releasing the next patch?

There has been no real news just a Facefriend snappit saying they are working towards a new patch and it'll take a round a month, ouch?

There has been no real news just a Facefriend snappit saying they are working towards a new patch and it'll take a round a month, ouch?

DBC17 has been a big ouch:eek: since day 1.

Users who are viewing this thread