Are the Indian cricket team and board bringing cricket into disrepute?

Have the BCCI/India team brought cricket into disrepute?

• Total voters
Perhaps we should just change this thread name to the 'sour grapes over the Harbhajan case' thread.

Fact is, there was not conclusive evidence. That's the frickin' bottom' line! There are no ifs ands or buts here!

If you wanted to be a fair and impartial moderator, you could rename this thread to "BCCI wielding too much power over ICC?". Of course that would be fair and impartial and clearly you have an agenda already set in mind, and have designed this thread to spew your hate and vitriol.

As a member, I'd question your abilities as a moderator if you continue to make such biased threads.

Dean is a very good moderator and has been very impressive in his stint so far, I'm sure other members have considered opening a thread on this.

This thread is about the pull out threat of the tour and whether it is right that this can happen. Once this threat was issued, CA had almost on choice, they'd have lost $xx Millions of dollars otherwise.

There is evidence Harbhajan said something offensive to Andrew Symonds. Australia interpreted his comment as racist, so they had every right to report it.

r they sure that is racist word ? no

interpretation is done by kids .. not professionals .. they cant report it if they are not sure

r they sure that is racist word ? no

interpretation is done by kids .. not professionals .. they cant report it if they are not sure

Nothing is conclusively, indisputably racist. What is racist to an Indian is different to what is racist to an Australian. All ages interpret things.

Harbhajan was cleared of racism anyway, but found guilty of offensive language.

I think most people with an IQ over 5 would say Harbajhan was guilty looking at the conversation off the mikes but there asn't enough evidence to conclusively prove he was guilty so given that India got the right decision in the end I guess they got what they wanted and wat was fair. I don't agree with how they did it but until they do pull out of a tour then nothings going to change and there's not much to moan about.
My IQ's well over 5 as is the IQ of many other members on this board and they disagree with your comment, so it is quite irresponsible for you to insult the intelligence of people that disagree with you.

Dean is a very good moderator and has been very impressive in his stint so far, I'm sure other members have considered opening a thread on this.

This thread is about the pull out threat of the tour and whether it is right that this can happen. Once this threat was issued, CA had almost on choice, they'd have lost $xx Millions of dollars otherwise.

I personally don't feel a moderator should open a provocative topic like this even if it had merits, knowing fully well the emotions of this issue on both sides. Especially since the threat is now past history and everybody has moved on...

I've been a board admin for 4 years and a moderator on other boards before and I fully know the pressures of being a forum moderator, but then it's not just about being fair and impartial, it's giving the impression of being impartial to other members.

I think that once a moderator starts expressing strong opinions, it can be intimidating to other members who disagree...

Nothing is conclusively, indisputably racist. What is racist to an Indian is different to what is racist to an Australian. All ages interpret things.

Harbhajan was cleared of racism anyway, but found guilty of offensive language.

yup so we won and aus cant digest

He has had a few months, I think he has digested it.

yup i think aus and indians players have digested it ..

kiddish people here cant digest and make such threads and spoil their country reputation

yup so we won and u lost and now cant digest

I am English, I support England. Therefore, I dislike Australia too.

The topic is, was it right for the BCCI to use their financial power to blackmail the ICC over the case?

The topic is, was it right for the BCCI to use their financial power to blackmail the ICC over the case?

corrected man aus lost

u mean BCCI bribed ICC ? u have any proof ?

or dreaming or interpretating like kids do

be profesional

Last edited:
corrected man aus lost

u mean BCCI bribed ICC ? u have any proof ?

or dreaming or interpretating like kids do

be profesional

No, I don't mean the BCCI bribed the ICC. I mean the BCCI are the main source of finances in world cricket, and they used that against them in this case. It was disgraceful of them to threaten to cancel the tour.

Are you going to make a post that doesn't involve kids?

On the topic, I think it was poor of India to attempt to pull out of this tour (twice--although in my opinion the first time it was just a production of the Australian media) although understandable given the nature of the charge. I know all you Australians and Englishmen disagree with this stance, as I had encountered resistance during the Oval fiasco, where I supported Pakistan's decision to not take the field. It is very similar.

Personally I hate the BCCI.

Personally I hate the title of this thread. If you are going to claim that "India" are bringing cricket into disrepute, you're going to get a lot of flak, especially from me. You can change it to "BCCI are bringing cricket into disrepute" and I will begin to agree with you.

Users who are viewing this thread