Are the Indian cricket team and board bringing cricket into disrepute?

Have the BCCI/India team brought cricket into disrepute?

• Total voters
No, I don't mean the BCCI bribed the ICC. I mean the BCCI are the main source of finances in world cricket, and they used that against them in this case. It was disgraceful of them to threaten to cancel the tour.

Are you going to make a post that doesn't involve kids?

its not the BCCI who wanted to cancel the tour

it was the players decision ..then players were backed up by BCCI

players had no intentions to play with crybabies

"I believe that the idea of leaving the tour came from the Indian staff who were in Australia and that Sharad Pawar had no real intentions for a pull out. You have to understand the seriousness of a racism charge though; having a player accused of one is certainly not to be taken lightly. Any threat of a pull out was also on the conditions that the BCCI be not happy with the decision which seems to mean if Harbhajan is punished with no concrete evidence since concrete audio proof is undeniable obviously."""

I am not too sure that the BCCI fully intended to pull out at all. I think that it was an empty threat and in this case, I agree that the BCCI flexed their financial biceps a smidgen, though not as much as stated by others.

I am not too sure that the BCCI fully intended to pull out at all. I think that it was an empty threat and in this case, I agree that the BCCI flexed their financial biceps a smidgen, though not as much as stated by others.

You will never know how serious they were as the decision has gone in their favour.

My IQ's well over 5 as is the IQ of many other members on this board and they disagree with your comment, so it is quite irresponsible for you to insult the intelligence of people that disagree with you.
You honestly believe he never said monkey, even though he never denied when the players accused him. Lol! Even if his English was bad he would have questioned the word monkey when he heard it if he hadn't said it because he knows how upset Australia get about it, even if he didn't pick up the word monkey he would have questioned the Aussies with the way they really criticised the comment he had made and the fact they said it was racial vilification.

"I believe that the idea of leaving the tour came from the Indian staff who were in Australia and that Sharad Pawar had no real intentions for a pull out. You have to understand the seriousness of a racism charge though; having a player accused of one is certainly not to be taken lightly. Any threat of a pull out was also on the conditions that the BCCI be not happy with the decision which seems to mean if Harbhajan is punished with no concrete evidence since concrete audio proof is undeniable obviously."""

The message this sends across is.....you can abuse whatever you want, just dont do it near any of the microphones. I think we need helmet/cap mics.

You honestly believe he never said monkey, even though he never denied when the players accused him. Lol! Even if his English was bad he would have questioned the word monkey when he heard it if he hadn't said it because he knows how upset Australia get about it, even if he didn't pick up the word monkey he would have questioned the Aussies with the way they really criticised the comment he had made and the fact they said it was racial vilification.
Yes, I do! LOL! Do you think it could have had anything to do with Tendulkar coming up to calm him or not! LOL!

I think India has way too much power in cricket than what they should , only because their the biggest cricketing nation......
but i might be wrong

and you act like your the mature one. I guess the word I'm looking for is lol. What does Tendulkar have to do with it? If he thought he was being accused of something this serious, then whether he's calm or not he would tell them he didn't do it and try to clear it up.

I think India has way too much power in cricket than what they should , only because their the biggest cricketing nation......
but i might be wrong

its your perception .. india is just a normal country with 4th rank in ICC ratings

if they are so powerful .. they could have made it rank1 themselves

its bcoz of kids like u this forum is filling up with waste replies

and you act like your the mature one. I guess the word I'm looking for is lol. What does Tendulkar have to do with it? If he thought he was being accused of something this serious, then whether he's calm or not he would tell them he didn't do it and try to clear it up.

sachin and lara legend of cricket and matured ones .. and u please dont spoil your reputation by trolling

Last edited:
I'm sorry. I bow down to your great knowledge and unbiast views on the issue.

I think some of the previous comments by some Indian members in another thread shiow that even they think the BCCI have too much power. I'll try and find those posts if I can but the thread is dead.

its your perception .. india is just a normal country with 4th rank in ICC ratings

if they are so powerful .. they could have made it rank1 themselves

its bcoz of kids like u this forum is filling up with waste replies

sachin and lara legend of cricket and matured ones .. and u please dont spoil your reputation by trolling

Stop calling people kids and typing in such a disrespectful manner or you won't be here very long. The staff are keeping an eye on you so behave.

This thread is by no means biased.

The very title is biased. Are India bringing cricket into disrepute? It's almost arguing that all Indians are bringing cricket into disrepute. A short answer...no.

Dean is a very good moderator and has been very impressive in his stint so far, I'm sure other members have considered opening a thread on this.

This thread is about the pull out threat of the tour and whether it is right that this can happen. Once this threat was issued, CA had almost on choice, they'd have lost $xx Millions of dollars otherwise.

So it's about the inevitabilities of commercialization in sport. I feel that the BCCI has considerable power in the ICC, perhaps more so than any other board. Maybe it could be solved via a democratic panel consisting of a few members from each board making a decision on controversial issues.

The issue here is really one of bureaucracy, and how to limit the power of a party that nearly resembles a sort of corporation...not one dealing with one country bringing an entire sport into 'disrepute'.

Users who are viewing this thread