Are the Indian cricket team and board bringing cricket into disrepute?

Have the BCCI/India team brought cricket into disrepute?

• Total voters
techinically - harbhajans innocent

common sense - harbhajans guilty

This is going nowhere. Especially comments like the one above which don't add anything to the discussion and just seek to create quarrels.

Having had a thought about it, and seeing that Hansen was not influenced by external matters (or so he claims), I'd have to say that cricket is not being brought into disrepute.

techinically - harbhajans innocent

common sense - harbhajans guilty

I think that's pretty much it. You can't argue too much after the ICC botched the evidence....but it's still pretty discgraceful behavior from india...on and off the field. Chartering a plane and creating such a scene shows just how childish they are....their willingness to use foul play says a lot about india's care for the game - the response from the indian public says a lot about the indian people - shameless. But at the end of the day it's the aussies who can sleep at night - the indians know they've got away with the crime and they are now the number one hated group in world cricket...but heck, no matter what strings they pull to win off the pitch, they are still gonna be useless on the pitch. I think indias already shredded reputation will finally tear apart however, when we see the behavior of their public when Australia tours there next. There will be cries from them once again that Aussies can give but don't take...an argument that is hilarious considering indias doing all the giving and all the taking. Australian players and public have showed nothing but dignity through the whole event....maybe not people like me...but people who count....india however, their whole cricket structure and public, have not.

Last edited:
the response from the indian public says a lot about the indian people - shameless.

No, it shows you about the nutters in the Indian public. Please don't generalise with every single Indian.

I think that's pretty much it. You can't argue too much after the ICC botched the evidence....but it's still pretty discgraceful behavior from india...on and off the field. Chartering a plane and creating such a scene shows just how childish they are....their willingness to use foul play says a lot about india's care for the game - the response from the indian public says a lot about the indian people - shameless. But at the end of the day it's the aussies who can sleep at night - the indians know they've got away with the crime and they are now the number one hated group in world cricket...but heck, no matter what strings they pull to win off the pitch, they are still gonna be useless on the pitch. I think indias already shredded reputation will finally tear apart however, when we see the behavior of their public when Australia tours there next. There will be cries from them once again that Aussies can give but don't take...an argument that is hilarious considering indias doing all the giving and all the taking. Australian players and public have showed nothing but dignity through the whole event....maybe not people like me...but people who count....india however, their whole cricket structure and public, have not.

Point 1 goes to the argument with the generalization of the century. No one takes your longwinded diatribes seriously. Not just because of the grossly overstated bias in your posts without considering all sides of the issue...I belive it has to do more with the neaderthalic incompetance at using any other sort of punctuation other than the elipses. ...

I take you nothing more than a troll (see forum definition), and your arguments as shamelessly favoring the Australian side of things almost always. If you can't see that there are two sides to every coin, I can't imagine any of your arguments having merit.

Edit: and as for racism. If anyone here is really and truly wishing to decry it, will they also castigate the numerous times far more horrid things were said by English, Australian, and South African Players in the past against Windian and Asian sides?

Last edited:
As much I'd like to destroy every little part of your post that you've conveniently twisted around to claim something biased, I feel it's much more appropriate this way:

Shut up.

:D:D:D

What a stupid stupid stupid stupid post?????

Useless....

On the pitch? Tell me one nation that has ever come close to you in terms of defeating you? I know you are too happy with the success rate of your nation when it comes to cricket. I accept it too. Australia is the best in the world. But tell me one country that has consistently beaten you in recent times when all other nations were just adding to the Australian test record of 16 consecutive wins, blah blah blah.....

Chartering a plane, and all that is just pure rumors... The Indian media manager has denied that and there ends the story. The Indian public will always remain the way they are. Now if you dont like it, we cant do anything about it.

NUmber one hated group in world cricket? That tag still rests with Australia and will continue to rest with them until they show some sort of a miraculous change in behavior. This time, Harbhajan could not get a different way of giving it back to Symonds and got punished. But the future Indian players and possibly even players of other countries will get smarter and will find better ways of giving it back without getting penalised like how Harbhajan has been penalised.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's this '...'

Using more periods than necessary adds to global warming.

:D:D:D

What a stupid stupid stupid stupid post?????

Useless....

On the pitch? Tell me one nation that has ever come close to you in terms of defeating you? I know you are too happy with the success rate of your nation when it comes to cricket. I accept it too. Australia is the best in the world. But tell me one country that has consistently beaten you in recent times when all other nations were just adding to the Australian test record of 16 consecutive wins, blah blah blah.....

Chartering a plane, and all that is just pure rumors... The Indian media manager has denied that and there ends the story. The Indian public will always remain the way they are. Now if you dont like it, we cant do anything about it.

NUmber one hated group in world cricket? That tag still rests with Australia and will continue to rest with them until they show some sort of a miraculous change in behavior. This time, Harbhajan could not get a different way of giving it back to Symonds and got punished. But the future Indian players and possibly even players of other countries will get smarter and will find better ways of giving it back without getting penalised like how Harbhajan has been penalised.
Most hated by you maybe. There is no way to tell who is most hated.

Putting Harbhajan completely aside, India have still acted in an immature way and have attempted to blackmail the ICC. REGARDLESS of whether they were going to fly home at the last minute, they were ready to do it if the appeal was denied and Bucknor wasn't taken off the umpiring. That's still not fair, no matter how you put it. I'd like to see anyone twist that.

Users who are viewing this thread