Ashes-2023 England VS Australia 16 June-31 July

Man nothing worse than seeing Nathan Lyon celebrating in the middle of Edgbaston.....good effort though. What a series this promises to be. England have been at times too rash and have paid for it.

I think other factors played a bigger part in that defeat.

Great test match though. Not sure if I can take another four of these.

Absolutely given that it happened on the first day but I’d say it had the most visible impact if you look at this game retrospectively.

Man nothing worse than seeing Nathan Lyon celebrating in the middle of Edgbaston.....good effort though. What a series this promises to be. England have been at times too rash and have paid for it.

If anything they weren’t rash enough at the end I’d say. The fields were too predictable and the bowling plan was too weak when you’ve got Broad and Robinson bowling.

Time for some Reddit pasta:

I'm not gay but I want to live in a log cabin in the woods with Cummins. We won't ever have sex, but there will be a simmering erotic undercurrent as I stand in the kitchen window watching him tighten his ass as he chops wood, shirtless, sweat pouring off his body. I'll run upstairs and masturbate, the entire time forcing myself to think of women while my thoughts drift back to Cummins. I won't be able to climax and I'll eventually go back downstairs, angry. Sometimes we will look across the table and catch each other's eyes, and in that second, anything is possible, but we both deny ourselves and go back to what we were doing. One day one of us will die, and the other will bury him outside the log cabin. Then they'll go inside, pen a brief missive to their departed friend, and commit suicide, never able to deal with life without their one true platonic love.

I'm not gay but I want to live in a log cabin in the woods with Cummins. We won't ever have sex, but there will be a simmering erotic undercurrent as I stand in the kitchen window watching him tighten his ass as he chops wood, shirtless, sweat pouring off his body. I'll run upstairs and masturbate, the entire time forcing myself to think of women while my thoughts drift back to Cummins. I won't be able to climax and I'll eventually go back downstairs, angry. Sometimes we will look across the table and catch each other's eyes, and in that second, anything is possible, but we both deny ourselves and go back to what we were doing. One day one of us will die, and the other will bury him outside the log cabin. Then they'll go inside, pen a brief missive to their departed friend, and commit suicide, never able to deal with life without their one true platonic love.
Boo, that's so old

Absolutely given that it happened on the first day but I’d say it had the most visible impact if you look at this game retrospectively.
I think a few of those missed opportunities (Bairstow) and in both innings they resorted to short ball with guys who bowl 80mph. Wood would have made a massive difference. If they want to play on flat pitches, that could end up like this, they must play Wood (or Stokes bowls).

Realistically, this is gonna happen. Almost lost one in Pakistan, lost a close one in NZ.

Same Energy Bro.
images (2).jpeg

Absolutely glad that the utterly stupid declaration did not pay off and cost them the win.
The declaration wasn’t the issue, selection was and that abject captaincy of giving singles at the end
Post automatically merged:

I think a few of those missed opportunities (Bairstow) and in both innings they resorted to short ball with guys who bowl 80mph. Wood would have made a massive difference. If they want to play on flat pitches, that could end up like this, they must play Wood (or Stokes bowls).

Realistically, this is gonna happen. Almost lost one in Pakistan, lost a close one in NZ.
And with nobody around the bat. Miscued pills might happen at 90mph not 75

The declaration wasn’t the issue, selection was and that abject captaincy of giving singles at the end
Post automatically merged:

And with nobody around the bat. Miscued pills might happen at 90mph not 75
Yeah, it seemed strange to go from such aggressive fields to having six on the boundary and hope something falls down leg to Bairstow or Pope. Challenge Lyon's patience and dare him try and hit one over the top.

Users who are viewing this thread