Ashes-2023 England VS Australia 16 June-31 July

Looking back over the years, you have imranball for the 92 World Cup tigers

Lloydball for the West Indies era

Waughball for the Aussies

Tenball for sachins era

It’s just the media trying to be cool and hip

Please, none of those terms were a thing because their teams did not play radically different. The closest would be the West Indians under Lloyd playing aggressive cricket but their bowling aspect of bouncing out teams with pacers and having them execute pinpoint yorkers was a thing even before Lloyd made his debut. Similarly Waugh’s hard-nosed Aussie team that you could say played on the edge was inherited from Border and Simpson’s times.

Tenball can be more accurately called the Fixeruddin era. :D

If anything you’re proving the point, none of those terms existed for one and none of them are associated with their side’s coach. This is absolutely Baz’s MO, it was the same for his brief stint at KKR where everything they did was supposed to be funky and because Baz was at the wheel. Likewise the Kiwis becoming nice guys and playing ultra aggressive cricket was all down to Baz. He’s made an entire career out of spinning the media wheel with revolutionary ideas and he revels in the spotlight that is inevitably created too.

Please, none of those terms were a thing because their teams did not play radically different. The closest would be the West Indians under Lloyd playing aggressive cricket but their bowling aspect of bouncing out teams with pacers and having them execute pinpoint yorkers was a thing even before Lloyd made his debut. Similarly Waugh’s hard-nosed Aussie team that you could say played on the edge was inherited from Border and Simpson’s times.

Tenball can be more accurately called the Fixeruddin era. :D

If anything you’re proving the point, none of those terms existed for one and none of them are associated with their side’s coach. This is absolutely Baz’s MO, it was the same for his brief stint at KKR where everything they did was supposed to be funky and because Baz was at the wheel. Likewise the Kiwis becoming nice guys and playing ultra aggressive cricket was all down to Baz. He’s made an entire career out of spinning the media wheel with revolutionary ideas and he revels in the spotlight that is inevitably created too.
I was not indicating anything but you could call those teams as i did as they were the captains at those times

It’s just made up media theme to try and attract fans to English cricket

It’s no sleight on how cricket is played around the world but in England we have a real problem with the young and creating a name like that appeals to them

Otherwise in ten to 15 years time there will be no players to choose from for the England test team , which may please some but imo that would be tragic

I feel a lot of overseas fans have taken it as an insult about their cricket but it’s really not

It’s all about trying to attract new fans and potential players for the England team

I’m not saying on here but other forums where some are really triggered by the phrase bazball

Nobody here is triggered by Bazball, on the contrary plenty of us have enjoyed watching it. We’ve had our minor criticisms of it but that applies to every side out there and I personally think it’s a good thing for test cricket that there are still new strategies being implemented that are exciting.

Nobody here is triggered by Bazball, on the contrary plenty of us have enjoyed watching it. We’ve had our minor criticisms of it but that applies to every side out there and I personally think it’s a good thing for test cricket that there are still new strategies being implemented that are exciting.
Check out cricketweb

They are fuming still about a declaration and bazball

It’s imo aimed at getting the youth in the uk engaged as they are not currently and cricket will end at test level in the uk if they are not inspired

It’s aimed at youngsters and an old sweat like me can be outraged but it’s not for me

White ball cricket is what kids like and want They have no patience to sit still and wait for up to five days for an end

There are some of course who like test match cricket but they are a real minority now in the uk

Good to see Will Jacks getting in some practice in case he's called up

Who is the other commentator, apart from Ian Ward?

@CartyDurham buddy, Bazball is fine (it works for you guys) but the cult & the copium around it is not.

You can't criticize Stokes without someone losing their shit these days! Apparently Stokes can't do anything wrong!

Robinson Article on Wisden - I though it was satire at first! Give it a read (apparently winning & stats don't matter anymore just vibes & memories do)

@CartyDurham buddy, Bazball is fine (it works for you guys) but the cult & the copium around it is not.

You can't criticize Stokes without someone losing their shit these days! Apparently Stokes can't do anything wrong!

Robinson Article on Wisden - I though it was satire at first! Give it a read (apparently winning & stats don't matter anymore just vibes & memories do)
Of course stokes can do wrong and Robinson is being a complete idiot

All I’m trying to make overseas cricket lovers aware of is the test match cricket is dying in England so all the hype and rubbish being spouted is what the youth in the uk like

I hate it all personally but if this was not being done then England will be White ball only and disappear from the test match playing nations

Of course stokes can do wrong and Robinson is being a complete idiot

All I’m trying to make overseas cricket lovers aware of is the test match cricket is dying in England so all the hype and rubbish being spouted is what the youth in the uk like

I hate it all personally but if this was not being done then England will be White ball only and disappear from the test match playing nations
Test match cricket isn't dying in England, I couldn't get a ticket for Edgbaston in the lottery.

Test match cricket isn't dying in England, I couldn't get a ticket for Edgbaston in the lottery.
I’m talking about the youth in England not playing

Not people with an interest to attend

Ten, 15 years time will see if the ECB was right to sideline red ball cricket to concentrate on white ball which the kids love

That is my point here

They are actively looking to have 8 centres of cricket instead of the county system with 18

The first step to doing that is the 100 which is 8 teams and huge areas of the country left without anything to watch live in August peak summer in England

They even forced the sidelining of the Ashes to do this. Does that not show they are not interested in the red ball game, if they could do that ?

The viewing public in England last week was around 1.5 million out of approx 50 million

Around 3% of the population whereas the 97% couldn’t care less

It’s a dying sport unless the youth can be inspired

Last edited:

Yeah if test cricket is dying in England then it should be considered more dead than a corpse filled with twenty nine bullet holes and seven stabs in the rest of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread