Ashes-2023 England VS Australia 16 June-31 July

Are they actually collapsing to a short ball tactic? :lol

I have a lot of admiration for Stokes and McCullum's bazball stuff and I said this earlier as well that this has to accompany some level of common sense and flexibility and adaptability. Stubbornness and rigidity are the biggest enemies of growth. Duckett played a fine knock but he was not unfortunate to miss out on a ton. He looked like he would get out to the tactic 10 times. Same for Root.

Just let them bang it in as much as they want and shatter themselves in the process. 10 overs of this and they will be fecked. Just duck and weave.

I have a lot of admiration for Stokes and McCullum's bazball stuff and I said this earlier as well that this has to accompany some level of common sense and flexibility and adaptability. Stubbornness and rigidity are the biggest enemies of growth. Duckett played a fine knock but he was not unfortunate to miss out on a ton. He looked like he would get out to the tactic 10 times. Same for Root.

It’s quite reminiscent of the early ODI days under Morgan, they won games in dominating fashion and were generally top tier but always had that one game where they utterly lost their heads and gifted a win. It’s why I believe Foakes is an integral asset to the side with the bat as is Root not trying to live his lost T20 fantasies via this approach.

I think there would have been more scrutiny if they weren't winning. There are players scoring runs but those who are doing best are in the middle order after they've dropped Foakes, 3-7 looks pretty settled. Jennings is in the runs but they preferred giving Duckett the openers spot to picking him in Pakistan.

Chris Martin (both the Kiwi and the singer from Coldplay) would have scored a century in Rawalpindi!

And another one nearly!

It’s quite reminiscent of the early ODI days under Morgan, they won games in dominating fashion and were generally top tier but always had that one game where they utterly lost their heads and gifted a win. It’s why I believe Foakes is an integral asset to the side with the bat as is Root not trying to live his lost T20 fantasies via this approach.

England also have quite the tail here. Almost India vibes. Bowlers don't bat.

Users who are viewing this thread