Ashes Cricket 2009 Bestselling second week in a row

I guess Codemasters are piling up the cash. Ashes Cricket 2009 is the number #1 game second week in the row. And this is not even tracking the sales in Aus/Ind. I am estimating that everyone including grand parents must have the game by now in India.

Source: UK Game Charts Week Ending August 15 - Voodoo Extreme

They don't deserve it.

They need some healthy competition. Then we'll see how their sales measure up.

The whole Asian gaming market will always be dominated by piracy. It won't change.

no mate, the trand is changing, and is sri lanka there is a new law for that as well, the publishes will have to sell it cheaply but they make more and more profits

no mate, the trand is changing, and is sri lanka there is a new law for that as well, the publishes will have to sell it cheaply but they make more and more profits

piracy happens there because the price of a game is equal half the salary for the month. When priced accordingly, like Rs. 500 ($10), then ppl end up buying. And they still make a profit as the cost of the dvd with packaging is under $1...

piracy happens there because the price of a game is equal half the salary for the month. When priced accordingly, like Rs. 500 ($10), then ppl end up buying. And they still make a profit as the cost of the dvd with packaging is under $1...

Not really, they still make a profit because they sell it for 40 quid in England. IF they only sold the game in India and for $10 they would lose money.

You have to understand that the dvd packaging may cost a $1 but the game costs millions to develop/market and that is what they have to recover.

Not really, they still make a profit because they sell it for 40 quid in England. IF they only sold the game in India and for $10 they would lose money.

You have to understand that the dvd packaging may cost a $1 but the game costs millions to develop/market and that is what they have to recover.
where were you able to derive that I only pointed that codemasters should release in India.

before they were letting pirates pirate the game. Their grand revenue from India = 0.

Now they are selling it at a price point of = $10.

Their development cost didn't increase because they are now releasing in India.

I can understand marketing and distribution would cost something, but they are still able to get some money out of it, specially due to the number of sales they will be making in India.

UK Population: 60 million
India Population: 1.1 Billion and cricket crazy...

you can do the math.....

Last edited:
before they were letting pirates pirate the game. Their grand revenue from India = 0.

Now they are selling it at a price point of = $10.

Their development cost didn't increase because they are now releasing in India.

I can understand marketing and distribution would cost something, but they are still able to get some money out of it, specially due to the number of sales they will be making in India.

UK Population: 60 million
India Population: 1.1 Billion and cricket crazy...

you can do the math

Ok I will do the math,

pirated version - 100 rupes

original - 500 rupes

Indian will buy pirated version

math over

nope they will pay extra 400 for better experiences,i am sure about this
The Gta Iv has changed The view of teens by selling a best seller game at just 499,believe me or not i saw a Original Copy Of Gta Iv In a so called Pirated Cd's Shop ,So Change is coming :D ,
Btw after the gta iv price revolution,the price of latest games are:-
Prince of parsia- Rs 299
Saints Row 2 -Rs 499
batman arkham asylum-(i pre ordered it)Rs 600
Ashes Cricket- Rs 499
Bionic Commando-Rs 499
and Many more,all blockbusters @499 only :D

I have bought this game and really wasted 500 bucks :mad: from now on i will never ever buy any codies game :mad: :mad: I told i will not buy but i havn't told that i will not play ;p

I don't know if Codies will release the sales numbers in India (all they'll have to do is just count how much they've shipped off to India), but I'm pretty sure the Rs.499 copy is generating some super sales right now.

No.1 reason being online, which I think isn't possible to do in the pirated version.

It'll be really interesting to see if Codies release a sales statement for the subcontinent.

We know for a fact that GTA4 PC version is the biggest legally sold game in India

GTA IV PC sales exceed 50,000 | Game Bashing

GTA4 sold for Rs.499, same as Ashes PC version. BUT it sold that much considering GTA4 on PC was a crappy port that got pathetic reviews, and it released a long while after it had been out on consoles (where it was also overrated..GTA4 was bad), and it has severe PC requirements - While Ashes 09 is a completely new game, has gotten good reviews, and is based on the sport the country worships, and isn't a system hogger.

As far as I can tell, Ashes PC should become the most legally sold game in India in some months.

Last edited:
If there can be patch released for the bugs. then there is more chance of numbers getting increased in India and across the world.

If there can be patch released for the bugs. then there is more chance of numbers getting increased in India and across the world.

They are probably too busy counting the moolah right now. No doubt about it Codies have been surprised and the sales have surpassed their expectations already.

But if they don't fix the problems with patches, it'll hurt the sales of the sequel to Ashes 09 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread