Ashes Cricket 2009 bugs thread

Surely you have realised this game is the biggest letdown in gaming history by now, NOTHING is how it should be, its less playable than the BL05-07 games and thats saying something. you can hit nearly every ball for a 4-6 and the ai will do the same to you..
Dont get me started on bowling line and lengths or online play...
ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad::mad:

Ummmm Bugs!!!!!

Howdy. (full retail PC version purchased game)
Have only played tests & some of the challenges.

Not getting the game to run after first install.
Several in the legends mode during Beefy's batting challenges - especially the West Indies one - ball stops and fielder runs back & forth over ball. Or it just loops at the start and won't continue. There could be more.
The Auto shot deciding to play back when front foot shot needed or vise-versa.
Run outs - AI
Pacing - AI
Unrealistic run rates. You can attack everything (as the AI does!)
During the Ashes they showed one of the manual scoreboards - had some other games score on it, not the current game I was playing. Must be a static image for all grounds.
Unrealistic edges
Unrealistic speeds for most bowlers (on the slow side)
Straight drive that gets caught by the bowler - or maybe I just can't bat.
The rehashed commentary from previous versions
The awful looking crowd.
AI bowling - one over will be full with field placings up, the next over from the same bowler will be all short with the field placings slightly defensive.

Will play some more and hope it improves???

During playing online ball stuck in the midway of the pitch for 1 or 2 sec. it disturbers the timing and got the batsmen out. it doesn't lag but some players actually do that by their selves. its a bug which makes me angry because no such reality exist in international cricket .:mad:

i think this game is all crap.first of all its the runout's and then the runrate at which the AI scores,even in test matches we see a runrate of over 10.does anyone have a patch to fix this.

i think this game is all crap.first of all its the runout's and then the runrate at which the AI scores,even in test matches we see a runrate of over 10.does anyone have a patch to fix this.

Its not all crap and you can make it work for you. There are many threads and posts that will help you to make the game more playable. Unfortunately you will have to work your way through a lot of posts to find something that might help. Hopefully you'll be able to se things up to make the game enjoyable for you like it is for me! (Took a lot of farting around though to get there!:))

Its not all crap and you can make it work for you. There are many threads and posts that will help you to make the game more playable. Unfortunately you will have to work your way through a lot of posts to find something that might help. Hopefully you'll be able to se things up to make the game enjoyable for you like it is for me! (Took a lot of farting around though to get there!:))

you shouldnt have to change the way you play to enjoy a game more wtf is going on we need a patch

Dutch, reading your posts are much more enjoyable then playing the game mate, don?t get me wrong, your jokes are million times better then this joke of a game :D

Dutch, reading your posts are much more enjoyable then playing the game mate, don?t get me wrong, your jokes are million times better then this joke of a game :D

Thanks. To be honest it's just my outlook on life. I paid for this damn thing and I am going to make it work for me! Just been watching that video of Cricket Revolution....looks really nice....competition is what we need and competition is what we are getting...can't wait for CR....and all the moaning that is going to happen after about three days of it's launch!!:)

Thanks. To be honest it's just my outlook on life. I paid for this damn thing and I am going to make it work for me! Just been watching that video of Cricket Revolution....looks really nice....competition is what we need and competition is what we are getting...can't wait for CR....and all the moaning that is going to happen after about three days of it's launch!!:)

dont have such high hopes buddy, you many need to come up with some new jokes for that as well

i had hopes my self, emailed codis tryed to call them. now it seems very clearly there will be no patch sorry to say mate... this is all we got

its just i have seen lots of comments to make it sound like patch is on the way if no patch i released thats a disgrace as we have had trust in them and brought there game i hope a patch is released in the next month at least or thats the last time i wil buy a game from the makers of ac09 its really is a disgrace. We better have a freaking patch cause im really starting to get angry and frustrated.

Users who are viewing this thread