Ashes Cricket 2009 bugs thread

dont know if anyone else posted or has the same problem. when choosing bowler it shows his batting average instead of his bowling

Not quite a bug I guess, more a gameplay issue, but they've got the edges from pace bowlers all wrong, particularly on slow pitches.

Lords is a prime example.....no edges carry, it's ridiculous. I can understand if less edges carry on slower pitches, that's common sense, but the difference between Lords and Cardiff for instance is just too much.

Not quite a bug I guess, more a gameplay issue, but they've got the edges from pace bowlers all wrong, particularly on slow pitches.

Lords is a prime example.....no edges carry, it's ridiculous. I can understand if less edges carry on slower pitches, that's common sense, but the difference between Lords and Cardiff for instance is just too much.

If we could edit the field settings somehow, we could move the slips closer. That might help. I am experimenting on this without too much successs at the moment. Will keep trying.

1) Spinner bowls, batsman tries to defend, misses it and stumping appealed & given. :eek: This doesn't make any sense. :sarcasm
2) No third umpire during online play?
3) When the scorecard is getting displayed in between the overs, batsman was just walking from the bowlers stump to pavilion. It was strange :p

All of the above happened in online play.

:help my game hangs in between game menus and the batting scorecard.:doh
While the game runs smoothly. :D
This problem happens only in Windows Vista,not in Windows XP
I dont want to switch to Windows XP to play ashes 09 :noway
pls :help

bugs and glitches?..... how long do we have!

Patch?? i hope I am wrong but i doubt we'll see a patch that amends these problems. Lets be fair, the ashes happen only every 2 years, it's not like the game developers didnt have time to get it right!! Now they are probably rushing the development of a new game!

the non striker stop in middle of field once pressed RUN button, is there ny permanent solution to get rid of it?

Sorry if this has been posted as I'm not too keen to read through 12 pages but I've been given out three times in the same innings as a RHB facing a leg spin bowler when he has been bowling around the wicket and hitting me on the full a good foot and a half outside of leg stump - this is an absolute disgrace to the game of cricket.

I don't know if anyone is experiencing this very very obvious bug or not.

I just CAN NOT play a manual Backfoot shot. When I press SHIFT and press any of the shot button, the top-right bar display changes from BACKFOOT to FRONTFOOT. Which means I can not play a Backfoot stroke unless AI thinks that a particular delivery need to be played with a Backfoot shot.

This is really really annoying me.

Besides, we should had been given the option of turning AUTO mode on/off. How dumb are the developers.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone is experiencing this very very obvious bug or not.

I just CAN NOT play a manual Backfoot shot. When I press SHIFT and press any of the shot button, the top-right bar display changes from BACKFOOT to FRONTFOOT. Which means I can not play a Backfoot stroke unless AI thinks that a particular delivery need to be played with a Backfoot shot.

This is really really annoying me.

Besides, we should had been given the option of turning AUTO mode on/off. How dumb are the developers.

There is an auto mode.
If you dont press either CTRL or Shift, it decides the shot type automatically.
Also, press Shift key until the ball connects to the bat, then it will be fine and you will be able to play a backfoot shot.
Cheers

I know that.

The bug I'm talking about is that, for e.g. for testing purpose, I want to play a Backfoot shot for an over pitched delivery, so when i press SHIFT, it displays BACKFOOT but as when press any of the arrow keys, it changes to FRONTFOOT and a frontfoot shot is playing which is obviously Automatically selected by the game.

Also, my game freezes a lot after 4-5 overs. Anybody found any possible solution for this?

There's something about it in this thread, and there's a fix somewhere too.

I can't remember it specifically, it could be in the fixes thread.

People say running windows media player solves the lag problem. :sarcasm

Users who are viewing this thread