Ashes Cricket 2009 bugs thread

I was doing a RUN and dived in at the last second at the wicket keepers end, my bat was over the line and half my body was IN but I was given out by third umpire (although I dont actually think there is a third umpire in the game - cant remember as I skipped after watching replay once then it took me to the normal umpire who said out when it wasnt).

1.NO FREE HIT IN ODI
2.Controls configuration need for keyboard as well as gamepad.
3.Not able to gain points for custom player while playing as multi-player using gamepads.
4.Always gives wrong decision for LBW(when Ball pitch in leg stump line and pass the stumps)
5.when two batsman in same end and unable to throw the ball to other end.
6.Special deliveries like yorkers,bouncer in brainlara 07 gives fun with friends.But no deliveries like that.
7.what abt reverse sweep and etc.

I dunno about anybody else but occasionally the ball seems to move in the air loads just the moment before it hits the bat. It's like the game is adjusting the ball to middle it on the bat.

I had this one bug last night when i was playing a test match. The ball missed my bat and hit me in front and then traveled and hit my stumps. The funny thing was the umpire did not give me out. Any one else had that one happen to them.:laugh

Several times one batsman runs, while the other doesn't. Although this does happen in real life, in the instances it's happened to me, it's just been a case of a simple single, or a two.

Paul Collingwood does not bowl at 55mph, nor does Luke Wright. I won't bother wasting my time listing all the other bowlers who bowl at speeds so different from real life. Jimmy Anderson and Broad bowl in the low 70s.

Sometimes at the start of an over a bowler will run through the bowlers end stumps, in one match I bowled Dhoni with Masca, as he didn't play a shot (didn't even get the leave animation). He was dismissed, but the over ticker didn't move. This happens fairly frequently with bowlers, you can remove it by changing the bowlers angle of attack, still a big problem.
Sometimes at the start of an over a bowler will run through the bowlers end stumps, in one match I bowled Dhoni with Masca, as he didn't play a shot (didn't even get the leave animation). He was dismissed, but the over ticker didn't move. This happens fairly frequently with bowlers, you can remove it by changing the bowlers angle of attack, still a big problem

thank god u found it.i hate that bug caose i cant change my angle of attack everytime i do that next over the bowlers end stumps get rattled by the bowlers hand and the next thing you know is that the batsman isn't moving if u bowl at the stumps you get the wicket coz batsmen is freezed if u bowl somewhere else even the wicketkeepers leaves it it's a huge bug please fix this i haven't had this kind of bugs in the blic 07 :mad:

THis has been fixed in the betas and for the final patch of course :)
i have a pirate copy i have to wait for the crack:crying

i have a pirate copy i have to wait for the crack:crying

man, dont you think you shoud contribute abit for the games development. they have worked hard and spend lot of money in developing the game... its becosue fo you, people like us who downloaded the game in legal ways getting the same outcome. shame on you man

Ha ha, excellent! They've started adding 'Pirate' to all the confirmed software thieves here. Abject humiliation should be a good deterrent to future discussion of carrying out piracy... ;)

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

People say running windows media player solves the lag problem. :sarcasm

So do the betas. ;)

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

Regarding bugs, as I've said before, I've had many occasions where the AI bats the ball back at the non striker, hits him, they go for a run and of course, it's an easy run-out. It only happens in tests - how many other people have encountered this?

In ODIs, the AI is still sadly prone to fairly stupid runs - namely when the ball's been hit straight at a fielder, yet they still go for runs. Don't notice that one too often in tests, but it does happen.

Sometimes when I catch and press Enter the game hangs.

However I think its because of my system because I can't run AC09 on full with a framerate of 60.

Fielding Bug

Hi,

I am pretty satisfied with the fixes after applying the patch. However, one bug I noticed in the game. I have attached a screenshot here. The opponent chose their powerplay and I am bowling here. Look at the field setting. I have 3 fielders out of the circle. I was able to have more than I am supposed to in a powerplay. Kinda weird.

Another bug I noticed is how the opponent seem to play leg side (leg glance or sweep) for boundaries or sixes even when the ball is pitched away in the off side. I don't understand how the game doesn't have problem with footwork. In the last second, he shifts around and plays the leg side shot easily.

That's the bugs I have noticed so far. Will update if I find anymore.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-10-22 15-52-29-95.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-10-22 15-52-29-95.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 16
Hi,

I am pretty satisfied with the fixes after applying the patch. However, one bug I noticed in the game. I have attached a screenshot here. The opponent chose their powerplay and I am bowling here. Look at the field setting. I have 3 fielders out of the circle. I was able to have more than I am supposed to in a powerplay. Kinda weird.

You need to understand the rules a bit better I guess... As per the official odi rules only the first powerplay (first 10 overs in a 50 over odi) requires you to have 2 fielders outside the circle. For the other two powerplays (batting & bowling pwerplays) you can have 3 players outside the circle.

You need to understand the rules a bit better I guess... As per the official odi rules only the first powerplay (first 10 overs in a 50 over odi) requires you to have 2 fielders outside the circle. For the other two powerplays (batting & bowling pwerplays) you can have 3 players outside the circle.

Oh. I guess I didn't know that. My understanding was that field restrictions apply during power play which means the same restrictions as the first 10 overs. Thanks for letting me know. :):hpraise

Oh. I guess I didn't know that. My understanding was that field restrictions apply during power play which means the same restrictions as the first 10 overs. Thanks for letting me know. :):hpraise

No problem. I guess if I am not mistaken the other difference between the mandatory and the other powerplays is that you need to have two men in catching position (within 15 yards) in the first or mandatory powerplay whereas you don't need any fielder within 15 yards in the other powerplays, though the players need to be in the 30 yard circle.

Users who are viewing this thread