Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

guys the patch makes this game hell of a lot better ,
when it s out for ps3 it will be much better challange online and off ...............
yes i have played pc version of patch :D

Im really looking forward to the xbox 360 patch cant wait to play a competitive ashes series hopefully. :D

Havent checked on here in a little whie just wondering if theres a official date for the console patch or is it still sometime mid this month or late this month??

So......... after all my problems with the game freezing on me - I eventually bit the bullet and upgraded my graphics card (again!!)

Fitted a 1 gb NVIDIA 9500GT and the game now runs like a dream.

At last, I am experiencing what the game should play like and am really enjoying it.

Eagerly awaiting the final patch now.

D

For the record, I love the game and I am very impressed that the developers are even listening to the users let alone making patches. I have installed the beta 2 patch and discussed a few points in my previous post. But there is something that bothers me a little bit. Could someone advise me on it.

I was wandering about timing the ball when batting. For me to get anything close to good and perfect (hard mode), I have to press the shot button as follow:

For a fast bowler - just before the arm action, before the bowler releases the ball
For a medium fast bowler - during the arm action of delivering the ball
For a medium bowler - just as the bowler releases the ball
For a spinner - just after the release of the ball

I might be wrong, but this is not what I call timing the ball...

Otherwise I am really happy with the game :D

For the record, I love the game and I am very impressed that the developers are even listening to the users let alone making patches. I have installed the beta 2 patch and discussed a few points in my previous post. But there is something that bothers me a little bit. Could someone advise me on it.

I was wandering about timing the ball when batting. For me to get anything close to good and perfect (hard mode), I have to press the shot button as follow:

For a fast bowler - just before the arm action, before the bowler releases the ball
For a medium fast bowler - during the arm action of delivering the ball
For a medium bowler - just as the bowler releases the ball
For a spinner - just after the release of the ball

I might be wrong, but this is not what I call timing the ball...

Otherwise I am really happy with the game :D

I play on PS3 so obviously no patch and my timings are as follows...

Fast bowlers - Just after the ball is released by the bowler. For slower ball timing is similar to that for fast medium bowler

Fast Medium bowlers - When the ball is midway between the bowler and the pitch, i.e. ball has been delivered but yet to hit the deck. Sort of a fraction later than playing fast bowlers. For slower ball, timing is similar to that for medium bowler

Medium bowlers/ Allrounders (Medium paced ones such as Kallis, Pathan etc.) - Just before the ball is about to hit the deck or has travelled 2/3rds of the pitch.

Occasional bowlers (Ponting, Hussy, Jayawardene etc.) - Fraction later than that for medium bowler or when the ball has traveled nearly 3/4th of the pitch.

Spinners - Surprizingly the timing for spinner is similar to playing a fast medium bowler. You actually press the button later while facing medium bowlers than when you would for a spinner.

Any idea when the final patch for PC version is coming out?

yeah its coming tomorow. its on codies website.

Cant find any info relating to the patch on codies website, but a patch is always welcome :)

Users who are viewing this thread