Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

im not sure if it is coming out tommorow as i can see no confirmation of this.

For the record, I love the game and I am very impressed that the developers are even listening to the users let alone making patches. I have installed the beta 2 patch and discussed a few points in my previous post. But there is something that bothers me a little bit. Could someone advise me on it.

I was wandering about timing the ball when batting. For me to get anything close to good and perfect (hard mode), I have to press the shot button as follow:

For a fast bowler - just before the arm action, before the bowler releases the ball
For a medium fast bowler - during the arm action of delivering the ball
For a medium bowler - just as the bowler releases the ball
For a spinner - just after the release of the ball

I might be wrong, but this is not what I call timing the ball...

Otherwise I am really happy with the game :D

I find it very strange when people say this. I time the ball by pressing the button when I think the bat and ball will meet sufficiently to play the shot properly; certainly not when the ball has just left the bowler's hand (sometimes I hit it for four, sometimes I don't time it, sometimes I edge it - bit like real cricket, really. :) )

I only play in hard mode as well.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Cant find any info relating to the patch on codies website, but a patch is always welcome :)

Love your avatar and sig: that's my favourite Western of all time, one of my favourite films, fullstop.

(When you have to shoot, shoot! Don't talk!)
(Who the hell is that? One bastard goes in, another comes out!)

About the patch, I don't think it can be that far away, it's been quite a while since Beta 2.

I thought maybe by now there might have been a release date for the patch but guess not.

I thought maybe by now there might have been a release date for the patch but guess not.

I don't understand either why they can't release the patch already. Its been almost a month if I am not wrong. Also, so many other games are taking away the audience. I guess they just want to release one patch for the game and do everything in it. But I hope its not too late

I don't understand either why they can't release the patch already. Its been almost a month if I am not wrong. Also, so many other games are taking away the audience. I guess they just want to release one patch for the game and do everything in it. But I hope its not too late

These things take time to get right.
The PC patch is not coming tomorrow; it will be some time this month hopefully. The console patch almost certainly won't be mid-October now. Expect November unfortunately.

Annoying about the console patch but if they get it right then i guesss it would have been worth the wait but how come this sudden change in date of console patch??

so no possibility of late october ??

Mid October was a target but patching console games isn't an easy process. Timescale also depends on the turnaround at MS and Sony.

pc version still sometime this month.

Really annoyed tho as i really thought console version patch was coming out this month now maybe have to wait till november.

Note to TG: there is still a critical bug in Beta 2 (that I didn't see in Beta 1 :facepalm ). Here is what I posted in another thread:

OK, it's happening way too often now. The main problem is when the ball is driven down the ground and hits the non striker. They run, and it's an easy run out. The other version is when the ball is fielded in the inner ring, but they've run anyway. TG said only critical fixes will be applied in the final patch. Well guess what, boys? This is a critical bug. Lucky I'm still saving every over.

Note: this is in tests, don't know what it does in ODI/20 Twenty.

Didn't you post that already? :p
Possibly too late? I'm sure Rob will see your post but it's things that like that cause delays ;)
Is it really as critical as you're making out? Think maybe you've been unlucky as others don't seem to be flagging it up.

Didn't you post that already? :p
Possibly too late? I'm sure Rob will see your post but it's things that like that cause delays ;)
Is it really as critical as you're making out? Think maybe you've been unlucky as others don't seem to be flagging it up.

I hope you're right. It seems that 8/10 times, if the batsman drives the ball down the ground and hits the non striker, they go for a run and get out. The other two times, either the throw misses, or the ball hits the non striker on his foot and then he hops about. :laugh Hopefully I have just been unlucky - or maybe the AI's been hitting the non striker less often, or maybe they're all playing Twenty/20 where you just blast it over the top anyway. :p

I reckon it probably is too late for now. Maybe in patch two, eh TG? :p :p :p

Edit: Regarding the batsmen's stamina, I've been running loads of quick singles in 28 degree heat and they're already getting weary. So, heat/running does take its toll.

OMG

I am so sorry guys....i said yesterday as a joke that patch is coming tomorow and i saw it on codies website. i had to leave work after i wrote that and didnt get a chance to say that it was a joke...but now i see everyone went on to codies site to look for the info...i still think its funny but very sorry if i upset anyone:) . I have no idea when the patch is coming.:noway

OMG

I am so sorry guys....i said yesterday as a joke that patch is coming tomorow and i saw it on codies website. i had to leave work after i wrote that and didnt get a chance to say that it was a joke...but now i see everyone went on to codies site to look for the info...i still think its funny but very sorry if i upset anyone:) . I have no idea when the patch is coming.:noway

April Fools was a long time ago... ;) :p

Users who are viewing this thread