Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

I think it just proves that this game has been made by a bunch of numptys. Who in their right mind would make a game where the batsmen playing lofted shot after lofted shot in a test match?

I've said it once and i'll say it again, Jamie Firth obviously doesn't have a scooby doo about cricket.

you need to move on from the original release and repect the job they have done on the beta and the effort at least they didnt leave us with a rubbish buggy game be gratefull or go make your own cricket game and let us know how that goes.

And this isnt even the final patch yet. The futures bright the futures ashes cricket 2009

I've said it once and i'll say it again, Jamie Firth obviously doesn't have a scooby doo about cricket.

I'm really not sure why you feel the need to keep on saying that. First of all you're completely wrong, second he's the producer at Codemasters so even if he did have no clue, it's Transmission who are actually coding the game and third why are you making this so personal against someone you know very little about and have never met?
Grow up and start showing some respect.

you need to move on from the original release and repect the job they have done on the beta and the effort at least they didnt leave us with a rubbish buggy game be gratefull or go make your own cricket game and let us know how that goes.

And this isnt even the final patch yet. The futures bright the futures ashes cricket 2009

From the scorecards I've seen there doesn't seem to be much improvement.

My view on the situation is very positive, fair enough i was angry that i had paid for a buggy game, but they have now recovered the game and made betas which seem very good and thats not even the final product. I think we should all be gratefull that they have made an effort to fix this game and at the moment by the feedback i have read they have done a very decent job. I have no regrets about buying the game :D

My view on the situation is very positive, fair enough i was angry that i had paid for a buggy game, but they have now recovered the game and made betas which seem very good and thats not even the final product. I think we should all be gratefull that they have made an effort to fix this game and at the moment by the feedback i have read they have done a very decent job. I have no regrets about buying the game :D

Yeah. I love the new online additions they have made in the beta update. Unfortunately I can only read about it and can't test it since I have gameplanet version on PC and game CD for the PS3.
I wish they can release this soon for both hopefully this week since so many people are leaving this game now to play fifa and others. Late October and November there is gonna be flurry of big titles like Call of Duty and Left 4 Dead which will diminish the online community even more.
This patch has enough to keep people going and it needs to be release ASAP even if its not totally complete. They can have another patch maybe later on to fix other issues. And for people who are still crying after beta update, you need to go out and play real cricket for real cricket experience

From the scorecards I've seen there doesn't seem to be much improvement.

You wot?

Yeah. I love the new online additions they have made in the beta update. Unfortunately I can only read about it and can't test it since I have gameplanet version on PC and game CD for the PS3.
I wish they can release this soon for both hopefully this week since so many people are leaving this game now to play fifa and others. Late October and November there is gonna be flurry of big titles like Call of Duty and Left 4 Dead which will diminish the online community even more.
This patch has enough to keep people going and it needs to be release ASAP even if its not totally complete. They can have another patch maybe later on to fix other issues. And for people who are still crying after beta update, you need to go out and play real cricket for real cricket experience

Agreed, TG have done a 1st class job with these betas. If they can just sort out the AI's tendency to play lofted shots when a shot on the ground would reap just as much reward, then it'll do me fine!

I dont mind if the online community gets smaller tbh. Seems a lot of quitters have left since FIFA 10 came out :)

dont know if its just me, with beta 1 installed the game runs perfectly but the moment i install beta 2 it seems to drop back to almost the original state. the game does shows minor improvement, but not as big as with beta 1 installed on its own.

Just to clarify, but on the test day I attended, I pointed out the vast majority of the issues that everyone here raised. I definitely mentioned the following things to Codies:
- bowler speeds
- high bounce
- over aggressive AI

I'm pretty sure I put those in my test review, too, so whoever it was who reckons we did a poor job at that test day is just wrong. I certainly remember pointing out in my review that there were some things which were really, really good:
- running between the wickets (human only, never saw the AI runout bug)
- catching
- some aspects of batting

So I'm pretty confident we got it almost spot on with the things we got to test. For example, we didn't have long playing against the AI, but I did note the over aggressive batting.

I have not seen one scorecard from a test match in which the AI have scored over 300 yet alone 400 or even 500.

He's completely right, this is meant to be some sort of magical patch, yet every scorecard thats posted the AI are scoring no runs, and/or the run rate is too unrealsitically high - especially for test matches. I hope that this is being fed back to the developers, because its worrying that people are settling for this.

I just want a competitive cricket game when its eventually released for the 360.

same i agree but there are massive improvements and the ai arent gonna get big scores every game are they cause that would be stupid, but colin did say that he had some good news to give to kev at some point as he was finding it to easy to bowl and bat i guess and i called him up on this and he then said they which im guessing everyone whos finding it to easy so maybe fina patch will be alot harder dunno tho.

Users who are viewing this thread