Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Yup, keep toeing the company line.... :sarcasm

Reminds me of the FOX News network in the U.S. .... such a blatantly biased Rupublican news channel, unwilling to look outside their conflict of interest box.... and yet in an attempt to legitimatize their approach they place 'We are Fair and Balanced' at the bottom of their screens whenever they criticize or neglect the competition...

I'm not 'toeing any line', I am expressing my own opinion. Not as a Staff Member, but as an ordinary member of P.C. who has been waiting for a decent cricket game for a very long time, like everyone else. Have you even played the betas yet?

So everyone else is saying the patched game is rubbish right?

Indeed....

So everyone else is saying the patched game is rubbish right?

I think you've misunderstood, Matt. What he means is:

"Anyone that disagrees with me - and doesn't go on about Cricket Revolution in almost every single post - is wrong and therefore I will accuse people of all sorts of things, regardless of the actual truth."

Isn't that about right, Cap'n?

"Anyone that disagrees with me - and doesn't go on about Cricket Revolution in almost every single post - is wrong and therefore I will accuse people of all sorts of things, regardless of the actual truth."

I can't be bothered looking into CR anymore - AC09 is all the cricket game I need right now - and when the patch comes out, the modders can finally get to work!

I can't be bothered looking into CR anymore - AC09 is all the cricket game I need right now - and when the patch comes out, the modders can finally get to work!

What additional mods are we talking about? Not gameplay fixes right?

OK, it's happening way too often now. The main problem is when the ball is driven down the ground and hits the non striker. They run, and it's an easy run out. The other version is when the ball is fielded in the inner ring, but they've run anyway. TG said only critical fixes will be applied in the final patch. Well guess what, boys? This is a critical bug. Lucky I'm still saving every over.

Note: this is in tests, don't know what it does in ODI/20 Twenty.

Has anyone else experienced this? Damn strange if I'm the only one - it did happen several times an innings...

You're well off the mark there. Your position is more like:

"Anyone that attempts to call me out on conflict of interest issues - including my refraining to post on the CR forums simply because it's not AC09 - is wrong and therefore I will shoot down anyone that brings up my impartiality and hypocrisy."

Isn't that about right, lazy?

Really MB? I think as cricket fans we should support all products thats come out. We are such a niche market that its important for these games to be commercial successes otherwise companies will choose to develop other niche sports.

Did you beta CR or just get the demo? If you just played then demo then I seriously suggest trying out the full game. Apparently the AI in that game is ridiculously realistic and the AI was just an after thought! The game was desinged for multiplayer online.

If you dont want to pay for it then I will even let you try it out with my Steam account for a bit. I have no doubt in my mind that if these CR guys had the same budget as Trannys they would have blown AC09 out of the water.

I am just wondering whether these bugs have been fixed or are going to be fixed in the patch:

1. Fielders at the boundary are almost never able to field cleanly. Then tend to drop it every time and concede an extra run.

2. Fielders diving unnecessarily conceding extra run around the ring or not fielding cleanly.

3. When running between the wickets there are times when both batsmen are running to the same end but don't get run outs.

4. Lag issue with fast bowlers. They are almost unplayable when there is a bit lag.

Has anyone else experienced this? Damn strange if I'm the only one - it did happen several times an innings...

MasterBlaster76,

Playing with patch 2: I've had the occasional on-drive hit the non-striker in ODI's but not once has the AI attempted to run. The only runouts I've had have been when the AI has attempted a 3rd run - this happened twice in a row.

I am just wondering whether these bugs have been fixed or are going to be fixed in the patch:

1. Fielders at the boundary are almost never able to field cleanly. Then tend to drop it every time and concede an extra run.

2. Fielders diving unnecessarily conceding extra run around the ring or not fielding cleanly.

3. When running between the wickets there are times when both batsmen are running to the same end but don't get run outs.

4. Lag issue with fast bowlers. They are almost unplayable when there is a bit lag.

Here are your answers in accordance to the advancements made till BETA 2....

1. Still no respite from unclean fielding. 65% of shots played in the outfield are still not picked up cleanly .

2. Not fixed yet, in fact usually diving saves runs , but in this game if a player dives we know that it has made it easy for the batsmen to pick up another run.

3. Fixed to a large extent. I believe this is a byproduct of LAG, since lag has been fixed to a great extent, this happens very rarely ( that too with someone who has a Red Ping ).

4. Totally Fixed, again a lag issue & its been nicely taken care of by the men at transmission. Even if i play with someone from England, New York, Australia or New Zealand ( im in India ) , there is no lag. The ball will lag in air only once or twice in a match provided the opponent is very far off ( again a red ping ). All in all the fast bowlers are very playable.

Just wait till November, once you have the patch you will certainly thank Transmission for the superb post release support that they have provided to the community.

Kabooka, thanks for feedback.

I can not wait for the patch for consoles, it sounds very promising.

Users who are viewing this thread