Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Open Beta 2

Basically ive heard there arent gonna be no major changes from beta 2 towards final patch but i have played none of the betas so could someone clear up a few questions for me please :D

1. Is batting more difficult on beta than pre patch?? if so why??(Hard difficulty)
2.Is it harder to bowl out your AI??
3. Average ai run rate in a test match??
4. I heard alot about edges in beta 1 but now beta 2 is out edges have gone quiet is this true??
5.Does the ai bowl any better than pre patch??

If someone could answer some of my questions i would really appreciate it.

I am not sure if I am posting in right forum. when i try to install the AshesCricket2009_v1_1_Open_Beta_1 file, it says that "Patch not compatible with installed version" :help

I am not sure if I am posting in right forum. when i try to install the AshesCricket2009_v1_1_Open_Beta_1 file, it says that "Patch not compatible with installed version" :help

1 of 2 reasons for this problem:

A) You have a legal downloaded version from Gamesplanet or Steam. In this case you cannot use the beta patches but the final patch will work

B) You have a pirated copy, and in this case :eek:

I hope its not Case B :crying I came back to PlanetCricket after a long break ... :doh

Ah well we cant help you here then mate, go get a legit copy please :)

Thanks Hmarka :)
Now you know the reason why I am mostly absent from forums (though its been 7 years now) :rtfl

Basically ive heard there arent gonna be no major changes from beta 2 towards final patch but i have played none of the betas so could someone clear up a few questions for me please :D

1. Is batting more difficult on beta than pre patch?? if so why??(Hard difficulty)
2.Is it harder to bowl out your AI??
3. Average ai run rate in a test match??
4. I heard alot about edges in beta 1 but now beta 2 is out edges have gone quiet is this true??
5.Does the ai bowl any better than pre patch??

If someone could answer some of my questions i would really appreciate it.

Answers below according to me

1. Batting is more difficult, front foot shots mostly because the AI fast bowler bowls one pitched up delivery after a gap of ~ 10 balls.
2. It is much much harder to bowl the AI out. Sometimes impossible when Mr. fearless comes into play.
3. 3 ~ 3.5 RPO
4. Edges have totally disappeared when AI is batting. Worst feeling this! :crying
5. AI Fast bowler bowls 90% short balls just outside off stump, which makes batting really boring. I will take a snapshot of AI bowler pitch map if anyone wants to see. The AI spinner however bowls 90% over pitched deliveries, which is again boring to play.

One more point I would like to add here is that the AI fielding is nearly the same till the end of innings.

If the above points are taken into considerations, this will be a near perfect game with a little bit of issues which we understand and can manage. I hope th transmission guys read this.

I get plenty bowling with spinners. Less with the seamers but still some. Would like more caught behinds with quick bowlers.

Personally I think the amount of edges is about right. Maybe a few more, but I'm worried that they'll just become too frequent. They should be hard to get. if they do increase then it should be harder for you to catch them (and it's hard enough already to take catches). Personally i think they really need to sort out the amount of balls obviously going on to hit the stumps that are just left alone. That and the stupid way they run themselves out when settled.

Yup, the leaves is the biggest issue for me.
They don't leave the right balls; ones going wide of off are played at and then ones hitting are left.
There's also a problem with the confidence system for leaving. You get an increase for playing a defensive shot but not for leaving so when batting you're almost always playing every ball.
It ought to be small increase for a leave, bigger increase for perfect defensive shot, bigger increase for run scored etc. Since you lose confidence for maidens if you leave every ball (which you can do with some of the bowling) you'll end up with zero confidence.

Yes, there is really no point in leaving the ball at all. You may as well try and play every single ball even if its just defensive. I only really leave balls that are very very wide or when playing with the tail. If there was no penalty for a "good leave" then I'd probably leave more and end up with a more realistic runrate. Also not keen on how everytime the ball hits the pads they go up for LBW even if there is absolutely no chance of it being given.

But it's too easy to gain confidence, and impossible to lose it.

And since when did playing a defensive shot on 74 give you confidence?

Users who are viewing this thread