Ashes Cricket 2009 v1.1 Progress Update

No, it happens when you bowl close to the wickets when coming over the wicket. If you come wide of the crease it does not happen. The game freezes maybe 1 out of 5 times when it happens but its ridiculously annoying.

You are really unluck I guess, it has not happened to me for a long time, it does not matter what side you are bowling from.

Sometimes when the bowlers leg hits the non-strikers stump the bowler refuses to run in the next delivery and the game is just stuck there with the batsman waiting. This has happened to me online over 20 times. Has anyone experience this issue with the beta patches in online play?

Haven't seen that anywhere, not since Beta 1.

Thanks Steve! That was the main bug for me, that and the bowler speeds.

Are any of the unlicensed players speeds different in the betas? Or did they just fix the licensed players ?

Thanks Steve! That was the main bug for me, that and the bowler speeds.

Are any of the unlicensed players speeds different in the betas? Or did they just fix the licensed players ?

Can't say really, I've been playing mainly Eng v Aus... :D

It's an overall change. The problem wasn't the actual speed stats for each player, but rather that, say, a fast medium could only bowl 75mph. When this is increased to 87 or whatever, it has an effect on everyone.

It's a bit annoying how you always get Australia first up in a tournament if playing as England (and vice versa). Don't see anything being done about it in the patch though.

It's an overall change. The problem wasn't the actual speed stats for each player, but rather that, say, a fast medium could only bowl 75mph. When this is increased to 87 or whatever, it has an effect on everyone.

Wow I had no idea it was such a sweeping change across the board, this will make online play a whole new experience :)

It's a bit annoying how you always get Australia first up in a tournament if playing as England (and vice versa). Don't see anything being done about it in the patch though.

Simple, just press ''random team''.

SpitfiresKent added 1 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Wow I had no idea it was such a sweeping change across the board, this will make online play a whole new experience :)

Yeah, now i might be able to give you a competitive game online ay?

Didnt know you still played mate, have not seen you around in a while. You should join my next tourny!

Whenever i come online you've just gone off plus i haven't really been on ps3 much lately, waiting for this damn patch and modernwarfare 2.

So i guess the console patch is a pretty certain november time???

But as im pretty sure testing is done now and the certification process thingy will be happening soon any chance of late october if not early november??

So i guess the console patch is a pretty certain november time???

I have been following AC09 religiously since the first press announcement was released. If there is one thing I have learned, its that there is no such thing as a certain time for anything.

Waiting for info on the game, then screen shots, then play test, then previews, then a trailer, then a better trailer, then the reviews, then the demo .......... has taught me lessons about patience one can only otherwise learn from fishing in a barren lake.

I looked back at some of my posts about when the demo was delayed and not released for ps3 and I can't help but laugh that I got so wound up and frustrated over what now seems trivial.

Patch is coming, thats all that matters and I am very happy :D

O god quite annoying but i guess the wait shud be worth it but i thought it wudent be that long cuz im pretty sure testing is done now and well it just needs to be turned into a patch now and stuff lol

Users who are viewing this thread