Ashes Cricket 2013 Cancelled

This is great news as far as TrAshes'13 being cancelled is concerned & paving room for BA to release DBC'14 only.

505 said:
?As the licensee and publisher of name for Ashes Cricket 2013, 505 Games would like to apologise publicly and sincerely to our licensors, the ECB and Cricket Australia, and their respective partners/sponsors, who have been nothing but patient and supportive of us throughout the challenges this project has presented, and who, ultimately, we have let down. ?

So would the 505 continue to hold the license for some years now or was just for a single game? If they continue to hold on to it shouldn't they be hunting a new developer ASAP so they can have a new game in 2 to 3 years from now?

Also with Cricket World Cup just a year & a half away why haven't we heard Australian or UK developers & publishers running to grasp a license for that? (no need to answer, this is just to ponder upon).

I am really going to miss the ashes facebook page, many funny things said there!

Yes. & who could have predicted that Kkc guy on FB (I think also at PC) would be proved correct in the end. The abuse he had left there, LOL.

Namecheck for Matt and link to his video!!!!

Last edited:
Wow Matt you made BBC news :eek:

They do a show called 'Click' which focuses on technology and Gaming so it'll be interesting to see if it makes that.

I haven't been this excited since they printed a paedophile's name in the local paper. (Phoenix Nights joke btw).

Last edited:
A spokesman for the ECB said: "The ECB entered into a licensing agreement with 505 Games, in conjunction with Cricket Australia, with the intention of producing a high quality game linked to both the recent Ashes Test Series in England and the current one in Australia.

"We are extremely disappointed that the product did not match our expectations and would like to extend sincere apologies to any supporters who purchased this product."

:thumbs

It's the No.1 most read article on the BBC site :lol

Wow, it could get on TV.. Have I got news for you or something.

I hope Mike Fagan is reading and watching all of this

Users who are viewing this thread