Ashes Cricket 2013 E3 Game impressions

At this point, we really shouldn't care about the visuals and graphics. If it resembles a PS2-era game then so be it. The physics and gameplay itself is what matters. If they can get that off to a solid start in this new engine, visuals are something they could easily improve upon with every iteration. But no pretty graphics and polish in this world will make up for broken gameplay and mechanics.

Eh, I'm split on this.

Gameplay is important however we're getting into the next-gen stage of gaming where graphics is starting to appeal more to gamers as well. I don't think Ashes Cricket 2013 will sell well if it resembles a game from the PS2/XBOX era at it's given price.

You could argue that Minecraft isn't a good looking game despite being popular however it is cheaper than AC2013. I know in New Zealand, they're selling the XBOX 360 version just under $NZ100.

To be honest, my confidence in AC2013 has gone down for the last few days. When a developer/publisher announces a delay a couple of days before it's official release, it's worrying for the consumer.

I think I'll wait for reviews before I consider buying it now.

All looks a bit ominous really, I'm back to AC2009 and going to update some squads this weekend.

I really think this game is months away going on what's been said here, it has all the hallmarks of the bug ridden GGWCC all those years ago. I think it will release but it will be a poor game and probably won't get released until the Ashes down under.

At least Big Ant's is looking promising even though that's months away!

Steve S.

PS - Before anyone asks, if I do a full squads update I will upload at some point if anyone is interested:cheers

I think I'll wait for reviews before I consider buying it now.

That's really, objectively, the smartest thing anyone can do right now. Having money tied up in preorders at this point is silly because there's no guaranteeing they're going to get it out in July either...

That's really, objectively, the smartest thing anyone can do right now. Having money tied up in preorders at this point is silly because there's no guaranteeing they're going to get it out in July either...
Well I've still got my pre-order in (they haven't sent me anything to mention the delayed date which is nice) - so for everyone who would trust my review of it, take this advice.

Eh, I'm split on this.

Gameplay is important however we're getting into the next-gen stage of gaming where graphics is starting to appeal more to gamers as well.

Graphics have appealed to gamers for decades - it's nothing new. ;) Even back in the 80s when I was given my first computer (an Acorn Electron), they were going on about 'high res graphics' ( :lol :lol :lol ). In the 90s when Frontier Elite II was released, everyone was blown away by the graphics such as they were back then. When I first played Street Fighter 2 on the SNES, my immediate reaction was: 'Wow! The graphics are just like the arcade version' (may or may not have been accurate; I can't remember for sure).

Surely if the game was this poor and under-developed barmyarmy would have picked up on it at lords. He saw the game being played didn't he, maybe I'm wrong or did Colin keep how crap it was from us.;

From what he's said, he was a "distance" from the screen and he also mentioned he's not a good judge of graphics. I also don't think he personally got hands-on with it - I think that was very limited...

Even if you are not a good judge of graphics, looking at it only one will be able to say if it is good or bad. Looking at the screenshots I was very disappointed even though am not good at graphics, but any one could tell how poor they were.

From what he's said, he was a "distance" from the screen and he also mentioned he's not a good judge of graphics. I also don't think he personally got hands-on with it - I think that was very limited...
Just so you can get an idea, attached is a photo they took of the press day (during the introduction from Mike Fegan) - the game was demonstrated to them on these screens, so Colin would have been a few metres back looking at a fairly small monitor.

Can't imagine you'd be able to tell much from there, which I imagine was the point.

He definitely didn't get to play it - apparently Chief is quite the tackle.

Attachments

• dsc_0154.jpg
    dsc_0154.jpg
    537.6 KB · Views: 53
Can't imagine you'd be able to tell much from there, which I imagine was the point...

The classier thing to do would've been to have everyone in the room just wear brown paper bags over their heads...

Oh ok, sorry, never saw this pick, looks like 505 did a good job of hiding how under- developed the game was, just baffles me why they weren't just honest. This has surely done the game so much damage. I decided to concentrate on Bigant's game a long time ago. Surely everyone will now put all there support to Bigant, who have been open, honest and so interactive on their forum.

Users who are viewing this thread