Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ross is not doing anything which most of the other folks are not doing. E.g., here's what I felt after reading Mike Fegan's interview...

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ricket-2013-preview-84324-21.html#post2511842

My take was similar to Ross', i.e. the game doesn't look complete so how can they be so sure about the release date? These are valid questions and not "rumor mongering".

I think you are giving Ross way too much credit for causing trouble for 505 Games. Take a look at AC 13's facebook page or their official forum and see the kind of stuff that is being said there. Or look at the comments on AC 13 podcast at youtube. I am pretty sure such negative perception all over isn't due to Ross.

I'm not saying it's because of Ross or anyone else, just saying he is adding wood to the fire. If the game does get a delay for say two months then all hell will be released right on 505 games and chief at the same time. Still this is a big IF.:spy

----------

I'm not saying it's because of Ross or anyone else, just saying he is adding wood to the fire. If the game does get a delay for say two months then all hell will be released right on 505 games and chief at the same time. Still this is a big IF.:spy

If Ross is right then I will eat Cake right in front of everyone, you guys pick the flavour.:p Still if the game does release and lets say it's good with no big problems then all we can say is the marketing has been bad but the game pulled though. Cross my finger a chief.;)

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I really don't care much about this game. Here's why.

The latest interview crowed about the "licenses" as being their trump card, but really, who cares? I don't care about exclusive licenses, about players, or stadiums. Really? What's the big damn deal? I just want a cricket game that actually plays like a real cricket game. Is that too much to ask for?

I have little hope for this game, but plenty for Big Ant.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I just want a cricket game that actually plays like a real cricket game. Is that too much to ask for?
Sure, but what answer could they give to convince you? Every game that comes out proclaims it is the most realistic simulation of cricket ever - none deliver fully on that.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

The latest interview crowed about the "licenses" as being their trump card, but really, who cares? I don't care about exclusive licenses, about players, or stadiums. Really? What's the big damn deal? I just want a cricket game that actually plays like a real cricket game. Is that too much to ask for?

I would say yes, given you are asking for holy grail of cricket video games :) As for Big Ant, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors

We all want the same thing there, licence players are ok but what Bigant are doing here is a better why for us cricket lovers. To the casual market is a different story, they love licences with there hero on the front cover. p.s Wonder what Bigant will have on there front cover.

----------

Sure, but what answer could they give to convince you? Every game that comes out proclaims it is the most realistic simulation of cricket ever - none deliver fully on that.

Yeah they do say that, Bigant,Ashes 2013 and games in the past have all said these kind of things. I say prove it in the end.:spy

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Yeah it was not great to hear him say in the interview that licenced players are what fans want. NO! Its the gameplay :noway

kingoffuel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
Licenses are good, but would prefer to see gameplay improvements instead of only updated rosters. Innovation over maintenance :yes

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well they have talked at length about the live pitch and they have a totally different bowling system, we just don't know how well they'll have pulled these things off.

The problem is a lot of these interview questions are asking the Trickstar people to give their unique aspects - Big Ant's game is all new, so it's not a known quantity for them to compare to - so the known known is that they have a licensing advantage.

Otherwise, when they compare AC13 to IC10 they talk about nearly every aspect of gameplay being implemented differently.

Again, 'talk' - we'll know in a month if they deliver on that.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
I hope they have escaped from the bat/bowl mini game...that can really make a difference considering big Ant's Unseen Innovation,sounds music to my ears

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
@MATTW iirc the Line and length system was there in IC 2010. It basically asked you to pitch the bowl in a certain area and indicated the quality of length by different color. Green for good length, yellow for poor and red for real bad length. Hows is this system different from previous game.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MATTW iirc the Line and length system was there in IC 2010. It basically asked you to pitch the bowl in a certain area and indicated the quality of length by different color. Green for good length, yellow for poor and red for real bad length. Hows is this system different from previous game.
It's very different bowling from IC2010 - here's Colin's very brief description of it, and I'll renew my pressure on Chief to talk more about it!
barmyarmy said:
Set the line first, then adjust length like crosshairs.

ambar_hitman

Club Captain
Any info if they have revealed the shots that are in? Like Switch hit, reverse sweep, slog sweep etc. One thing that was terrible in all cricket games so far is the way we can hit sixes straight even when on back foot for short balls. All that mattered is timing and it looked terrible when a batsman hit a six off backfoot straight over the bowler's head on a short ball. Add to that the terrible animations in Ashes cricket and it made eyes bleed. So has Trickstar added any restrictions on such stupid shots? Maybe the game forces front foot shot or ball just goes over the bowler's head instead of all the way for 6 even with perfect timing?

Last edited:

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
those unreal shots are realism killer and should not be in game this time around, if they are still in there then what they have learnt from ac09 n ic2010,
and plz anybody confirm that scoop shot, switch hit are there in game.

Users who are viewing this thread