Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Hi,
Asking Mike a question is like banging your head on wall:facepalm. The only answer that comes is we will answer next week, a week which never comes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but for the past 1 month, Mike has very clearly mentioned that he will reveal all details and features starting September. I dont think he has mentioned anywhere, that he will give an answer 'next week' barring the WIP updates :) Unless I totally missed out on that

Its funny to see how BigAnt Studios made fun of Mike when the initial release of AC 13 got delayed, and now they are themselves confused about the release date. They first mentioned that the playing session will be held in August, and the game will be released before October. I don't see either of these becoming a reality.

Hi,
Asking Mike a question is like banging your head on wall:facepalm. The only answer that comes is we will answer next week, a week which never comes.

We're all waiting to see the features list, which apparently has all of Bradman 14 + more (except career mode).

----------

Its funny to see how BigAnt Studios made fun of Mike when the initial release of AC 13 got delayed, and now they are themselves confused about the release date. They first mentioned that the playing session will be held in August, and the game will be released before October. I don't see either of these becoming a reality.

Big Ant never said that. People read too much into the comments and came to this conclusion.

Big Ant never said that. People read too much into the comments and came to this conclusion.

To be fair, initially they DID say exactly that: they said it would be out before the end of September. But then, well in advance of that date, they said that their plans had changed and that was retracted.
They never officially announced a release date and still haven't. People should stop acting like they did.

I always read that xx/xx/xx post that Ross made as him mucking around... nothing more. Either way, he's said nowt about a release date, just that when there is one we'll know. Pretty cut and dry, really. ZERO conspiracy.

I always read that xx/xx/xx post that Ross made as him mucking around... nothing more. Either way, he's said nowt about a release date, just that when there is one we'll know. Pretty cut and dry, really. ZERO conspiracy.

I re-read the post. At the time it was *definitely* a black and white "it will be out before October".
But, as I say, it was rescinded a long time ago and Ross said it no longer applied. No foul there. He's been very open about that.

Anyway. Wrong thread. Ish. :)

It's funny there was nothing said about the EB playtest until someone asked
Well in reality it impacts a small number of people who can actually make it to Melbourne on the day.

Obviously it would be nice if AC13 also did something similar - but in the end, as it's not a downloadable demo, it's really just getting a few early impressions on the game. If you're on the fence you can always just wait for a few weeks after the release date when I'm sure there will be a wider range of views based on more time with the game.

Well in reality it impacts a small number of people who can actually make it to Melbourne on the day.

I think you are totally discounting a *huge* number of people waiting on you and others for thoughts on the game/gameplay and possibly some videos.

I think you are totally discounting a *huge* number of people waiting on you and others for thoughts on the game/gameplay and possibly some videos.

And to ensure there is no more off-topic discussions here :spy

I just don't think the specific timing matters that much - it will obviously be great when it happens. From a personal perspective, I'm excited about getting to go - but I imagine it will be that much harder to wait for release day after playing it than before.

Anyway, there's a whole thread in the DB14 forum about the play sessions and my visit, so Angad gets a "this guy gets it" for the above post.

Cheque better be in the post, W...

I re-read the post. At the time it was *definitely* a black and white "it will be out before October".

I don't know how you can read into that as an absolute when his posting style is incredibly tongue-in-cheek like mine is the majority of the time. I just figured he put the "Zero" in there to mess with folks. Either way, as you've said... we've never been given a date and pre-orders have certainly not appeared until recently... I've been saying mid to end of October for a looooong time now, I'm getting a prize from MattW if I get it right...

If we're comparing like-with-like; Ashes set a date, and have blown past it. No muss no fuss from my end because that stuff happens all the time, not sure why some got knickers in such a knot over it, other than the pre-order thing being a bit silly... but DBC14 hasn't ever set a date, so they can delay it until December next year and be just fine, but I think the goodwill in that extreme scenario wouldn't be as prevalent as it is now, but Ashes really can't blow past November and retain all that much credibility at the end of it, the very title of the game underlines that 'release date' point.

I don't know how you can read into that as an absolute when his posting style is incredibly tongue-in-cheek like mine is the majority of the time.
There was also an IVG post that's far less ambiguous.

Of course for all we know the release date is still around the end of next month and he's just trying to throw 505 off the trail. Once they start showing the game again, *boom* - drop the announcement that the game is out in two weeks.

I don't go anywhere else for my cricket-forum-fix so I count whatever IVG is as "Expanded Universe" and non-cannon...

Users who are viewing this thread