Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Stadium Features

Hey Mike, I dont know if anyone has asked this before and got an answer (as i couldnt find it on the forum), so im gonna ask it. Are all the stadiums of the same size, the ground circular in shape?? Because in real, stadiums are of different size and even shape like most English stadiums are not exactly circular. Sometimes one side of the ground has much shorter boundary compared to the other, has this been captured in the game? Just curious. :)

Hey Mike, I dont know if anyone has asked this before and got an answer (as i couldnt find it on the forum), so im gonna ask it. Are all the stadiums of the same size, the ground circular in shape?? Because in real, stadiums are of different size and even shape like most English stadiums are not exactly circular. Sometimes one side of the ground has much shorter boundary compared to the other, has this been captured in the game? Just curious. :)

Given all of the players are the same size, I wouldn't be surprised if the grounds are too.

Given all of the players are the same size, I wouldn't be surprised if the grounds are too.

I might be wrong, but I think Chief or Mike did say that they had grounds with different dimensions. Not sure at all though.

I might be wrong, but I think Chief or Mike did say that they had grounds with different dimensions. Not sure at all though.

Interesting. Obviously that's a good feature to have but having identical/generic players is still a killer for me.

If I remember rightly they would be different dimensions but still 'round'.

If I remember rightly they would be different dimensions but still 'round'.

Makes sense :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

How do you do the MCG and Adelaide Oval, which are of a similar size but rotated by 90 deg?

They talk about having officially licensed and accurate stadia yet the only thing accurate are the grandstands. Functionally, it's not accurate if everything is a circle.

It's like with the players. Sure, they have licensed faces, but what matters for gameplay is the body and they are all generic.

But if I remember correctly, AC09 had differently shaped grounds. I remember Cardiff having the straight (non-curve) square boundaries and the funny Auckland ground (though highly exaggerated!)

AC09 has different sized grounds, but they are all reasonably circular, especially the unlicensed ones - boundaries were longer at some grounds and shorter at others. The most obvious is with the "Auckland" ground (that's supposed to be Eden Park or similar) has RIDICULOUSLY large boundaries where you can almost run 3 if you hit it far enough, when in reality it's a tiny rugby-ground... then you switch to Sydney or Brisbane which I believe were licensed and their boundaries were much closer.

AC09 has different sized grounds, but they are all reasonably circular, especially the unlicensed ones - boundaries were longer at some grounds and shorter at others. The most obvious is with the "Auckland" ground (that's supposed to be Eden Park or similar) has RIDICULOUSLY large boundaries where you can almost run 3 if you hit it far enough, when in reality it's a tiny rugby-ground... then you switch to Sydney or Brisbane which I believe were licensed and their boundaries were much closer.

Better than Cricket 07 where every ground felt like under 12s.

Or, another perspective is that the players were giants.

I asked about the stadiums because sometimes in real cricket, edges and less timed shots clears the short boundary, so was curious whether that is possible in this game too..

Users who are viewing this thread