Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

...or where the rest of the money they were given for the game went. Because it's not in the game. Maybe it's in a textpack somewhere, Matt?

It's unbelievable really, do you think a game of this quality would carry the FIFA World Cup licence? Or the PGA Tour licence? Of course not. But the premier competition in cricket has its name attached to this load of tosh.

The more videos I see of this game the worse it looks. I dont think this game can be looked at as a serious attempt at a cricket game. It looks and plays like an android game to be honest, and thats exactly how it will/should be perceived (frankly it looks exactly like how other games using Unity engine look). I think its fair to say now that the retailers would not see this as a viable product irrespective of the Ashes license and thus DBC14 has an open market to capture now. Show the gameplay videos, user response to the retailers if they still feel this is gonna get them good amount of sales even at $20.

I don't think this is a fair statement. Unity is a wonderful tool, particularly for developers of small teams as it is a) cheap and b) has a lot pre-made. When used properly, you can make beautiful games, e.g

012-game-engines-04.jpg

td5.jpg

The fact that Trickstar don't know how to use it doesn't change the fact that it's a good engine. Given it is cheap and user-friendly does mean you will have a lot of crap produced with it though.

Also it is in beta for PS3, so trying to make a big commercial game on it was always going to be a technical nightmare.

I think they should be giving customers $20 to play the game instead of charging it...:lol:lol...Even then i wont be playing this...:thumbs

This was mentioned the other day, however is an even bigger point now the game was revealed to be worse than our expectations: I feel sorry for the club sides in the game who would have been very excited to have their team in it, but will now not be able to play it or show it off to others as the game is so poor.

There is a bit just at the start of the delivery stride where the bowler, say a right armer, angles his body to the left so he looks like a left armer.

Maybe this was the so-called difficulty they mentioned in the motion capture with recording a leftie instead of a righty haha

It is rather sad though, 505 will probably never make or publish another cricket game again. Tendulkar knows we need more cricket games! :(

Wow....hadnt seen those screens before. I take back my words.

Unity does also supply the web with lots of shockwave games that were perhaps cool back in 2001. It also supplies the Android market with loads of crap.

If you're ever keen on having a dabble in game development though, check it out. You need to know C# or Java but it is possible to learn them whilst learning Unity (but best to know a bit before). It's a very easy system of handling graphics, maps, audio, music and code all together, and has MANY community-made things for it (some free). Also Unity itself is free, and for a beginner offers everything you could need.

But no, contrary to what our mate Mike says, there is no on button ;)

There is a bit just at the start of the delivery stride where the bowler, say a right armer, angles his body to the left so he looks like a left armer.

Maybe this was the so-called difficulty they mentioned in the motion capture with recording a leftie instead of a righty haha

First time I saw Starc bowling, I thought it was going to be a right handed delivery

This is what Ross will be doing. Flying around in his roflcopter dropping roflberry pwncakes on Trickstar's HQ and Fagin's head.

ross1.png

Unity does also supply the web with lots of shockwave games that were perhaps cool back in 2001. It also supplies the Android market with loads of crap.

If you're ever keen on having a dabble in game development though, check it out. You need to know C# or Java but it is possible to learn them whilst learning Unity (but best to know a bit before). It's a very easy system of handling graphics, maps, audio, music and code all together, and has MANY community-made things for it (some free). Also Unity itself is free, and for a beginner offers everything you could need.

But no, contrary to what our mate Mike says, there is no on button ;)

and while I'm at it:

raindrop4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread