Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

Hi chief.
Just wondering if we r getting real close
To seeing a preview for the game.
Being almost march, I know u hate this question
And some of the members on this forum too.
I know u will say have patience, still I'm not a doctor
Hahahaha just a bad joke. Anyway hope to hear from u
Guys soon.:D

Screenshots took a long time with IC2010 as well - having the licensed teams adds complications to showing screenshots (even of the non-licensed teams). I'd imagine we might be waiting a few more months.

Screenshots took a long time with IC2010 as well - having the licensed teams adds complications to showing screenshots (even of the non-licensed teams). I'd imagine we might be waiting a few more months.

U matt r a gentlemen.
I know this, ic2010 had screens fast but that's
Because the engine was a tweaked ashes 2009 version.
This is a new engine, the reason for the delay.
I doubt we will be waiting months as well June is coming fast.
I don't know how others feel about before and after a new
Cricket game is revealed and then released.
I love the lead up to a new game more than the release
Most of the time. Reason is simple, are dreams have not been shattered yet.
Maybe these games will be like Shane 99 or better or we
we will still be dreaming like the last 10 years.
Anyway looking forward to seeing the game soon, I hope.:cheers

This is a new engine, the reason for the delay.
AC09's first screenshots were in May 2009, with the release in July. The only major difference being that Codemasters didn't confirm the existence of the game until they released the first press shots.

Obviously 505 Games might have a different measure than Codemasters did on things like this - but previous experience suggests that it's not as simple as them just capturing some screenshots of their current work and posting it up.

I wouldn't hold your breath - be surprised if it's early but hold your expectations back.

AC09's first screenshots were in May 2009, with the release in July. The only major difference being that Codemasters didn't confirm the existence of the game until they released the first press shots.

Obviously 505 Games might have a different measure than Codemasters did on things like this - but previous experience suggests that it's not as simple as them just capturing some screenshots of their current work and posting it up.

I wouldn't hold your breath - be surprised if it's early but hold your expectations back.

True true, your a smart man.
Like a yoda of cricket:D
I bet u have played the game, know all of its secrets.
Anyway, hoping for a great game, ic2010 was a solid effort.

Obviously 505 Games might have a different measure than Codemasters did on things like this

Given the level of interaction from Chief and the BigAntStudios guys, I think it's safe to say both companies genuinely want to keep the community happy and excited about any new cricket game, we're "in the loop" more than anyone at this point. That should be enough, really, for everyone.

Constantly asking for screenshots is a futile exercise. They happen, when they happen. No amount of begging and pleading is going to change this. I'd respectfully request we don't really need people "asking" for screenshots or discussion relating to them anymore in this thread. Lets bury that line of questioning, yeah. Move on...

...rest assured, when they're released, you'll see em here.

Stupid (but partially serious) question for Chief; The "Big Bash" this year had light-up stumps/bails when a player was bowled/stumped/run-out during that T20 competition - would this be a gimmick to be included in AC13?

Last edited:
Hi chief.
Just wondering if teams will be rated home and away
Differently. So India could be 95/100 home, away say
70/100 being nice:D
Also how about having the right players for the right
Pitch, more quicks in aus, more spinners in India.
Also the ai bowls different order of bowlers.
Meaning not like ic2010, let's put the spin bowler
In after around 27 overs in first inns all the time.
God like others have said, let's see a spinner open
The bowling once in a while.:spy:D

Messi is actually playing in this season's PCPL...

We have him down as a leg spinner although not sure any of his deliveries were technically legitimate...

c8zZvpC.png

Messi is actually playing in this season's PCPL...

We have him down as a leg spinner although not sure any of his deliveries were technically legitimate...

c8zZvpC.png

I think it fair to say that his technique is *unorthodox*... but then he's pretty unorthodox on the football pitch as well, and that seems to work well for him. :)

...Call me when he does Gangnam Style...

Just wondering chief about something.
As the release date is 21 of June, how will this
Effect the ashes in Australia at the end of the year, being
The teams could change over the 4 months between
The 2 ashes. Any chance of a update or DLC.;)

Just wondering chief about something.
As the release date is 21 of June, how will this
Effect the ashes in Australia at the end of the year, being
The teams could change over the 4 months between
The 2 ashes. Any chance of a update or DLC.;)

The box art has the logo for the Ashes series over here and not the return series in Australia so it will be interesting to see if they will release DLC for it.

Users who are viewing this thread