Ashes Cricket 2013 General Discussion

I'm going to the pub just now. Should I expect to see any AC13 videos on the forums in the morning, or do I have to find awful camcorder crap on youtube to justify not buying the game?

Go get drunk. just like ugly chicks...games look much better when you are drunk.

Interesting why the 505 statement makes specific mentions of troubles with the console versions, acting as if PC version was fine... Well if it's fine, why on earth does there appear to be so few features?

Blocker, I am able to see actually the indirect message of game being poor. In management language, the underlined words of below means - "Don't expect too much, we had troubles and you get it that its coming from nowhere though Trickstar has been a major trouble for us! " In other words, they just threw Trickstar & co under the bus in a polished/sarcastic/positive way.

Well, that's how I see it as.

A spokesperson for 505 Games said: ?Despite the extended development schedule over the summer, we have continued to face challenges with the technology on which we have built Ashes Cricket 2013 for home consoles. Our developer, Trickstar Games have been unable to get the home console skus into a position where they are ready to launch simultaneously with the PC sku and with the start of the Australian series. We will advise on the release date of the console skus as soon as we are able"

Interesting why the 505 statement makes specific mentions of troubles with the console versions, acting as if PC version was fine... Well if it's fine, why on earth does there appear to be so few features?

And why the cheap price??? Might as well have a banner saying " we know this game is shite, but since we're finally being honest please buy it"

Blocker, I am able to see actually the indirect message of game being poor. In management language, the underlined words of below means - "Don't expect too much, we had troubles and you get it that its coming from nowhere though Trickstar has been a major trouble for us! " In other words, they just threw Trickstar & co under the bus in a polished/sarcastic/positive way.

Well, that's how I see it as.

I totally agree, the statement was almost a backhander towards Trickstar by letting everyone know they couldn't get the job done, they didnt have to name Trickstar or blame the problems on them but they did.

They would not want to rub salt into the wounds of the various cricket boards to say anything derogatory about the game, consider this is a game endorsed by Cricket Australia.

----------

I totally agree, the statement was almost a backhander towards Trickstar by letting everyone know they couldn't get the job done, they didnt have to name Trickstar or blame the problems on them but they did.

They had to name them because they don't appear anywhere on Steam or the manual, they do need to make sure Trickstar get all the credit they deserve.

They would not want to rub salt into the wounds of the various cricket boards to say anything derogatory about the game, consider this is a game endorsed by Cricket Australia.

----------

They had to name them because they don't appear anywhere on Steam or the manual, they do need to make sure Trickstar get all the credit they deserve.

Good Point

OK Downloading now

Downloading the game now, will give a update as soon as it finishers and I have a quick go. Should be finished by 10am Brisbane time or 1.5 hours from now.

PS Ross is this the Xmas present you have been waiting for, the green light is on now.:clap

Houston, trickster have a problem. Big ant, you are go for launch!!!!

Eh, I'm going out for lunch... the bill will be exactly $20 with a .99c tip...

Knew that this game is going to be crappy but still cricket inside me forced to buy this. Downloading now.

----------

I would say if Big ant released their cricket earlier, I could have saved $21 of mine.
:p

No chance I'm buying it, but am looking forward to some screenshots, video and first impressions from everyone who does buy it!

Thanks for taking a bullet guys, I hope it wasn't a waste of money!

Users who are viewing this thread