Ashes Cricket 2013 Key Features Announced

Hasn't this question been answered several times on several threads?!
They can't release screens/videos because of licensing issues.

Yes. The Aussies are not even sure about their team, they want Hussey now. While Starc and Swann have surgeries. You don't want to feature them in the trailer if they wont make it to the team.

"Connoisseurs of the game will be able to play the complete 2013 Investec Ashes Series, with official England and Australia teams, however those more interested in the short form of the game can take on the rest of the world in limited overs tournaments and leagues".

does this sentence mean that we would be able to play test matches only with the ashes team and only limited over games with the rest of the games chief?

does this sentence mean that we would be able to play test matches only with the ashes team and only limited over games with the rest of the games chief?
Reference is to limited over tournaments and leagues - I'd assume that means you can do one off tests with the other sides, but not test match tours/tournaments.

Reference is to limited over tournaments and leagues - I'd assume that means you can do one off tests with the other sides, but not test match tours/tournaments.

If it truly is as you've read it, then its thoroughly disappointing. You must have the liberty to play in Test match series & not just one off Tests. It was something I loved in EA C07.
Hope it doesn't mean this!

Don't worry: it's not.
You'll be able to play T20, test and ODI cricket with ANY of the teams in the game and there are also tournaments for each one of those disciplines.

You'll be able to play T20, test and ODI cricket with ANY of the teams in the game and there are also tournaments for each one of those disciplines.

Thanks for the clarification, Chief. That sounds good now! :)

Just a quick question, can you have a mix of all three.
Like the real thing, say 3 tests,5 oneday,2 t20 so on.:thumbs

This is a simple but yet great idea! I can't remember any of the other previous titles having this.

This is a simple but yet great idea! I can't remember any of the other previous titles having this.

I have always wanted this in a cricket game, don't remember did shane 99 or
ea cricket07 have this, if this is in the game with stat tracking for all
of it would be a big plus for the game.

You could have all the stats on one page, scrolling up and down to see all the stats. :yes

----------

I was meaning test and oneday for the older games as t20 were not around.
God i miss the old times when only real cricket was played.:clap

Yeah, Custom tours should be there where can set up our own number Tests, ODI, T20's and venue with any opposition. Maybe add an option to select month and time too so we'll have to play in different weather conditions and play according to it.

It's small feature but it will add lot of longevity and realism of adjusting yourself in changing conditions over a long tour.

What the? A good post from 79cricket. :eek:

It's a question I have asked on a couple of occasions for both games. And it's been avoided every time. :noway
Can't see why they would keep that feature as a surprise, so it's looking like a no. Such an easy to add thing too. Would give this game a lot of replay value to me. Especially if eng and aus are as easy to win against as the last game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread