Ashes Cricket delayed officially

It is not a brand new engine. It's some engine developed by some one else that they apparently bought and tweaked. That is what Ross said and this time I do beleive him without any doubts. So it is not as if they have spent most of their time in creating a brand new engine and hence there are no excuses for the game being so barebone when it comes to features and ultimately failing to meet deadlines. I see it as total incompetence when it comes to trickstar and complete unprofessionalism when it comes to 505 games. Like some one said, a match made in heaven these two.

Hello,

Further to your query regarding the release date of "Ashes Cricket 2013", we have now received an update from the team stating that the release date is not shown on our website because we do not expect to have the stock on 21 June.

Also, they have checked the publisher's website on this title and can confirm that they have given a release date of June 21, 2013.

I hope this information is helpful.

Should you require any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to see you soon.
JUST RECIVED MY SECOND EMAIL FROM AMAZON AS THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WILL NOTIFY ME IF THERE IS ANY UPDATE. That thing confusing the helll outaa mee. ! Help

It is not a brand new engine. It's some engine developed by some one else that they apparently bought and tweaked.
The engine referred to is Unity3D. It's used as the basis for thousands of games. It isn't as if they bought another sports game and tweaked it.

There would be a considerable amount of work still needed to develop a good game, using a development engine like Unity minimises the need for some of the low level work, but the bulk of making a cricket game still needs to be done.

Delayed till July followed by delayed till Aug and eventually showing up, if it's not canned by that time, sometime on Von/Dec for the 2nd leg of Ashes.

I do remember one of the gaming websites have the AC 13 release date shown sometime in Sep. To me that's the closest to release date.

It would have been much better if the retailers all changed their release dates to 'TBA' and 505 didn't say that the game was delayed until July. You've left it very late, yes, but now you've come out and said it's delayed I'd rather you took your time and get it properly finished before releasing than setting yourself another unrealistic release target.

As per the VG247 article...
Ashes Cricket 2013 release moved to July | VG247

The decision was made in order to ?offer cricket fans the best possible gaming experience to compliment this historic back to back Ashes year.?

?505 Games has made a commitment to creating a cricket game designed for cricket fans,? commented Tim Woodley, SVP of global brand & marketing.

?Developer, Trickstar Games has taken the time to overhaul and rebuild the game engine to offer brand new features in batting, bowling and fielding. By pushing back our release date, this gives us the opportunity to deliver a quality cricket title.?

An exact date wasn?t provided in the press release.

So many holes in the announcement...

1. They claimed long time back they are building the game on a new engine, so why the sudden last minute need to "overhaul" and "rebuild" the same?

2. I wonder what "brand new features" they are alluding to for batting, bowling & fielding. For example, in case of fielding they actually took the features out to dumb it down and make it automatic. So are they "overhauling" the engine to dumb down the game?

3. Release date was not announced by the "SVP of global brand & marketing" and somehow 505 Games are still claiming release date of July to their customers who are getting in touch with them. This looks like the same old game of "we never said it will release in July" when the game is delayed some more.

Seriously, 505 Games have been so unethical with their dealings so far related to AC 13 that they actually made EA after the Sim City disaster look good :eek:

guys why cant be be positive lets cheer up ashes team and chief guys its k if it has been delayed i know they will come with a new game engine and deliver a quality of cricket in ashes game chief cheer up we all r wit u and come up with a blast on july:cheers

I don't understand, how can you expect them to come up with a new game engine in a month.The most they maybe doing is fixing some bugs.:spy

We have no option but to support this game for the love of cricket, but it's time to cancel the pre-orders!!

yes saurabh I agree u but still it has delayed till July but still not given exact date so be patient bro i know chief and ashes team will come with some good news

The engine referred to is Unity3D. It's used as the basis for thousands of games. It isn't as if they bought another sports game and tweaked it.

There would be a considerable amount of work still needed to develop a good game, using a development engine like Unity minimises the need for some of the low level work, but the bulk of making a cricket game still needs to be done.

u deleted my post after this game 505 will be crash like transmission

Delayed till July followed by delayed till Aug and eventually showing up, if it's not canned by that time, sometime on Von/Dec for the 2nd leg of Ashes.

I do remember one of the gaming websites have the AC 13 release date shown sometime in Sep. To me that's the closest to release date.
You never know. Weird as game company, cant take a right decision on time .

Do me a favour

Be patient, we've been lied to, let down, ignored, and you have faith in this bunch of idiots?

lee yes we all no they have cheated us and not saying that game has been delayed and one thing i have also cancelled my pre ordered lets hope that after a long time we r getting a cricket game lets wait and see .:spy

Users who are viewing this thread