Ashes Cricket delayed officially

Remember BLC 07 implementing control over the wicket keeper and it was so badly implemented that it killed some fun and the fluency was gone.

Seriously?? You mean that 'press the button when the marker goes green' implementation? Can that even be called 'Wicket Keeper control'???

PS: You can safely include me in the list of BA fanboys from now!!! Just their approach towards how the game should be, their attention to detail, the fact that they are going all out with their first game itself and not holding back features for future releases and their attitude towards the fans.....all these together have put them right up there with my other fav developer (naughty dog) :cheers

----------

The sad reality for Cricket gaming fans is that we're into dilemma whether to support this game just because we're getting a cricket game after 4 years or we should boycott it because of all the lies, dishonesty, sudden dissapearence of chief, pre-ordering bogus when nothing has been shown and maybe taking money for a fake release date without any announcement. If this was the attitude shown by any other developers, there would have been complaints with a criminal case set up against them because it's against law for taking money for fake info in any country. The question now is, are they really taking cricket fans for granted?

Which one would you choose?

Well...it still is too early to state that the game has actually been delayed. We are still hearing different versions from different people who have contacted the gamestores. Some say its delayed while others say its on time. Lets wait till 21st!

I have just received an email from Amazon uk that the ps3 game I preordered has been delayed

"We regret to inform you that your order will take longer to fulfill than originally estimated. Our supplier has notified us that there is a delay obtaining stock for the following items you ordered on June 16 2013.

"Ashes Cricket 2013 (PS3)"

We are awaiting a revised estimate from our supplier, and will email you as soon as we receive this information."

Ok I've just spoken to 505games.

This is not exactly word for word but it's what I can remember from my notes.

Me: There are rumours that your game Ashes cricket 2013 has been delayed, can you confirm this?

505: Yes, there will be a delay, My manager just informed me of this yesterday. The game will be delayed until July 5th.

Me: oh right, are you going to make some kind of announcement via your facebook or twitter?

505: I'm sorry but i'm not involved with that part, all I know is that I have been informed of a delay.

Also the guy said that the PC and XBOX version were delayed until July 5th BUT the PS3 version could be delayed for longer! I asked him why and he said he didn't know. The delay is for all countries apparently, not just UK & AUS.

This is 100% the truth, if you don't believe me then ring them yourself.

Well in more exciting news... just sighted in stores today...

109592d1371547706-ashes-cricket-release-date-discussion-stores.png

...don't forget to grab your copy!

Attachments

• In Stores.png
    In Stores.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 303
Also the guy said that the PC and XBOX version were delayed until July 5th BUT the PS3 version could be delayed for longer! I asked him why and he said he didn't know. The delay is for all countries apparently, not just UK & AUS.

This is 100% the truth, if you don't believe me then ring them yourself.

Well that confirms what we've been saying for some weeks.

If this is indeed the case, would it not be wise to the "releasing June 21" at the top of the page?

At least it hasnt got to the point where we have to call the company our selves!!

Oh wait.........

The thing thats really irratating me, is like Dutch i pre ordered before the lords tea party thing.

They knew this was delayed a while back. So why on earth are we at the Tuesday before launch with still no announcement!

Yet we know its delayed through our own research. If i knew BA was coming out soonish. I happily boycott this farce!!

As a programmer myself, I understand that projects may take longer than expected and to be

honest I would rather the game be delayed than fork out close to R600 for a broken, incomplete and

buggy game. However what has really angered me is the lack of transparency and communication

on the part of 505 games/Trickstar and the so called " chief".

Last edited:
Someone wanna talk me through the logic of not announcing the delay at the Lords event? As opposed to three days before? Bueller?

Users who are viewing this thread