Ashes Cricket described - part 4

I don't know to be honest: I've never really had anything to do with the retail side of things. All the pre-order stuff, pricing etc all happens at the retailer end.

----------

I think he meant "there are 600 players in the game". They aren't all unique models. All the licensed players are unique (and I'm including the competition winners as "licensed"), and then there are loads of variants of customisable generic players in the other teams.

Oh kk but he really have said that twice check it out. I have talked to the author too he said, he is confuse abt it too lol. Check it out. Preview: Ashes Cricket 2013 now with the MCG

That meter while bowling actually controlled the speed in AC09. It was pretty meaningless though. Once you got in the light green window, you'd bowl the fastest, with the speed decreasing as you go down the dark green part. But, anywhere outside the light green part, the batsman would smack you for a boundary. It was terrible that way. So basically, you could only bowl at one pace if you wanted to keep the AI run rate under control.

As far as I remember the colour on the pitch indicated the right length and for the meter the colours indicated the accuracy. So there was no speed.

And now that speed has been restored you could bowl a slower one with any of the three sets.

Oh kk but he really have said that twice check it out. I have talked to the author too he said, he is confuse abt it too lol. Check it out. Preview: Ashes Cricket 2013 now with the MCG

I'm not doubting he said it sir: merely confirming what he would have meant by that. In the same way that we said that we think that this is the first time the MCG has ever officially been licensed in a game (certainly we've never had it before), but some people took that to mean the ground had never been in a game before (Variations of unlicensed "Melbourne Stadium"s have indeed appeared in many!)

Clarifications on things that have been said publicly are pretty much all fair game: it's stuff that hasn't already been talked about in detail that usually I need to wait and let the official releases/events bring them out!

Oh, got it Chief! :)

----------

As far as I remember the colour on the pitch indicated the right length and for the meter the colours indicated the accuracy. So there was no speed.

And now that speed has been restored you could bowl a slower one with any of the three sets.

No, I remember pretty well how you could bowl very slow & very inaccurate balls, being in the dark green window.

Ive been impressed with the screenshots so far. Like the fact that they are less cartoony. Looking forward to the game now.
Chief, do the commentators work in pairs during a game or are they working as a three?
Finally are there anymore commentators to be announced or is it just the three?

No that just meant a rubbish poorly executed ball. It wasnt like you could determine the pace of the ball!!

Could be that way, that's the reason I say it was a rather poor system. Inaccurate deliveries don't mean a drop in the pace, and vice-versa.

hated the previous system, i don't want to get an edge then have some mini game, I want to get an edge and have it be caught all in quick time so it feels and looks real

No i no i just meant it wasnt a way in which you could control the pace of the ball.

Oh, yes, agree with you on that. Let's put it this way:
That feature was meant to control the accuracy, but it also led to a change in the pace. There was no dedicated way of changing the pace without altering the accuracy.

What about overall control of the fielder? Controlling him yourself with the controller, or at the very least having the ability to tell them to dive/slide?

Oh, yes, agree with you on that. Let's put it this way:
That feature was meant to control the accuracy, but it also led to a change in the pace. There was no dedicated way of changing the pace without altering the accuracy.

Yeah spot on the change in pace was just to signify a rubbish ball rather it being a tactical thing!!

hated the previous system, i don't want to get an edge then have some mini game, I want to get an edge and have it be caught all in quick time so it feels and looks real

The mini game was confusing for me, because it snaps to a third person view of the slip fielder. If it retains the default camera view, I think it'd work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread