Ashes Cricket described - part 4

I think that was the accuracy bar, but yeah someone needs to correct one of us. :)

AC09 had no control over speed directly. It depended on the bowler's ability and kind of delivery.

In the barmyarmy description, we have 3 types of bowling option, straight, swing or cut. So slower ball option has been removed and its exciting since last button press will decide a slower or quick delivery. And i hope straight means seam bowling as swing is different.

That meter while bowling actually controlled the speed in AC09. It was pretty meaningless though. Once you got in the light green window, you'd bowl the fastest, with the speed decreasing as you go down the dark green part. But, anywhere outside the light green part, the batsman would smack you for a boundary. It was terrible that way. So basically, you could only bowl at one pace if you wanted to keep the AI run rate under control.

im trying to figure out whats new here... it all sounds the same to me, nothing that wasnt in previous games, infact they have removed features such as the cathing system... live pitch they describe it as if its a new invention, same for the bowling system .. field editor ok its a visual one, but what gameplay benefit does that have? hopefully i an wrong and the game is much improved... waiting for some footage to be out

This I do not know. To be honest it's pretty rare for a game to publicly announce when a trailer is coming (though there are a small number that do): I would fully expect it to be just released when they think it the optimum timing.

Well honestly, it's also rare for a game to be up for pre-order without showing any kind of trailer... infact... has it even happened before? ?^.-?

In the barmyarmy description, we have 3 types of bowling option, straight, swing or cut. So slower ball option has been removed and its exciting since last button press will decide a slower or quick delivery. And i hope straight means seam bowling as swing is different.

In IC10 there was a swing set of balls and a cut set of balls with slower ball being an option on both. I doubt it's been removed.
I hope that delivery types are limited again by ability though; all bowlers can't swing it in both directions.

Chief what does Mike meant by saying " we have worked on 600 character models in the game" during the interview, i am confused abt it because only 2 teams are licensed; probably 60 players !! Sry for asking it twice. Want to know from only chief :):yes

Well honestly, it's also rare for a game to be up for pre-order without showing any kind of trailer... infact... has it even happened before? ?^.-?

I don't know to be honest: I've never really had anything to do with the retail side of things. All the pre-order stuff, pricing etc all happens at the retailer end.

----------

Chief what does Mike meant by saying " we have worked on 600 character models in the game" during the interview, i am confused abt it because only 2 teams are licensed; probably 60 players !! Sry for asking it twice. Want to know from only chief :):yes

I think he meant "there are 600 players in the game". They aren't all unique models. All the licensed players are unique (and I'm including the competition winners as "licensed"), and then there are loads of variants of customisable generic players in the other teams.

If he hasn't answered it once, he probably won't answer it now too. He has already mentioned it somewhere that if he isn't in a position to answer one of our questions, he doesn't need to be like "No, I can't answer it" every time. And, there are a few things that are better seen, than told. I guess we wait for the game & find the "600 character models" thing for ourselves. Patience is the key.
:)

Edit: And, Chief answered that! Wow! Looks like he's in some fine mood today!:p

Edit: And, Chief answered that! Wow! Looks like he's in some fine mood today!:p

Clarifications on things that have been said publicly are pretty much all fair game: it's stuff that hasn't already been talked about in detail that usually I need to wait and let the official releases/events bring them out!

Users who are viewing this thread