Ashes Cricket described - part 4

kenpat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
That makes the possible delay more probable :facepalm. Its about time someone from Trickstar comes out with the news. The later the bad news, the more its going to hurt their credibility.

Unless this game is stellar, their credibility is already down the swanee.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
You really are a slippery character, aren't you. Say what you want about me, although you haven't dared yet, but I was onto you 5 years ago about your less than honest traits. You don't fool me for a second, and there are others on here who don't have a conflict of interest and have commented to this effect as well.

Go out to lunch with Ross and ask for his advice on how to treat customers. And do the right thing - pay the bill when it arrives.

I think that this was the final straw for Jamie.

I don't blame him for leaving us in the lurch, I would've done exactly the same with comments like the above.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
His last post was a reply to that.
I'd like to think that he's just really busy because it would be incredibly disappointing if we'd driven away someone who'd spent a lot of time on here talking to us and sharing things by posting comments like the above. No-one should have to be that thick-skinned.

D

Dutch

His last post was a reply to that.
I'd like to think that he's just really busy because it would be incredibly disappointing if we'd driven away someone who'd spent a lot of time on here talking to us and sharing things by posting comments like the above. No-one should have to be that thick-skinned.

Chief hasnt posted on the official site for days either so I guess it is more a kind of broadcast embargo before the game launches.......know idea why but I cant imagine Chief disappearing just for something like that even though he would every right to be peeved off to the highest degree because of it.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Chief hasnt posted on the official site for days either so I guess it is more a kind of broadcast embargo before the game launches.......know idea why but I cant imagine Chief disappearing just for something like that even though he would every right to be peeved off to the highest degree because of it.

Ha! You thanked that post when I put it up! You may have removed your thanks since then*, but I distinctly remember you thanking me for posting this. I'm now thinking you're a hypocrite.

Nothing wrong with changing your mind, but don't now criticize a post you once praised. Bandwagon and all that.

My trust levels in you just took a mighty fall :(

*Yes, yes, you have removed your thanks. It used to say "Dutchad has said thanks to this post." My memory is completely clear on that. Now it is thanked only by angad and NoWhere Man. Wow.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Chief's absence here can't be attributed to a couple of posts criticizing him. He was representing AC 13 and 505 Games on this forum and surely had to know he will have a few critics. There's no way Chief is so na?ve to have expected everyone to be on the same page as him, and don't think he is that thin skinned to have left the forum because someone had the temerity to question him.

I think Chief's absence is more to do with the sorry state of affairs with AC 13 release. With barely 5 days to go for the official release of the game nobody's even sure whether the game will be launched and even if it does, on what platforms. Add to that uncertainty the fact that no gameplay video trailer, video or anything of note has been published so far with nobody even managing to land a review copy of the game! The only visuals of the game that have been released are amateurish screenshots which show wkt keeper without a body and bat held backwards :eek: And this is the material officially shared with media and published in various previews and articles about the game. After such a goof-up do you expect Chief to show up? Especially given he can't even answer whether the game will actually release on 21st :rolleyes

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Ha! You thanked that post when I put it up! You may have removed your thanks since then*, but I distinctly remember you thanking me for posting this. I'm now thinking you're a hypocrite.

Nothing wrong with changing your mind, but don't now criticize a post you once praised. Bandwagon and all that.

My trust levels in you just took a mighty fall

*Yes, yes, you have removed your thanks. It used to say "Dutchad has said thanks to this post." My memory is completely clear on that. Now it is thanked only by angad and NoWhere Man. Wow.

But what was wrong? The need to post such a comment?

D

Dutch

My trust levels in you just took a mighty fall :(

Jeez man.....guilty you got me. Congratulations.

As I said I have said I can indeed imagine someone being peeved off by a comment like that. You would be yourself. If you want to slug this one out do it rather by PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I think that this was the final straw for Jamie.

I don't blame him for leaving us in the lurch, I would've done exactly the same with comments like the above.

Yes I thought the same after I read the return comment from chief to captain oz comment, chief was not happy and has not been here since. If the game is released on Friday maybe chief will come back with a few comments back to the people who do not believe him. If not RIP chief.

D

Dutch

Yes I thought the same after I read the return comment from chief to captain oz comment, chief was not happy and has not been here since. If the game is released on Friday maybe chief will come back with a few comments back to the people who do not believe him. If not RIP chief.

I think we need to put this into a bit of perspective. And anyway Chief has been on the forums since then but has declined to make any comments.

Chunnster

Banned
That makes the possible delay more probable :facepalm. Its about time someone from Trickstar comes out with the news. The later the bad news, the more its going to hurt their credibility.

lol.... you said credibility.... good one!! I'm writing that down.... you don't mine if I use it? And of course this pooh heap is delayed

D

Dutch

lol.... you said credibility.... good one!! I'm writing that down.... you don't mine if I use it? And of course this pooh heap is delayed

Again perspective is needed. A game maker has to next to no say over how a game publisher goes about its buisness. I doubt we will ever hear something from Trickstar as they work directly under the say of the publishers. The only people who can offer clarity about anything are the publishers.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I think we need to put this into a bit of perspective. And anyway Chief has been on the forums since then but has declined to make any comments.

Yeah maybe, Friday is going to be the greatest day this year so far or the worse. Tick Tock.:spy

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Jeez man.....guilty you got me. Congratulations.

As I said I have said I can indeed imagine someone being peeved off by a comment like that. You would be yourself. If you want to slug this one out do it rather by PM.

Thank you for the congrats.

No, there shall be no PM discussions. Open and transparent on the forums, thankyou.

Users who are viewing this thread