Ashes Cricket General Discussion

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
They did ask for exactly that (allow bouncers to played off front foot) and a few posts later acknowledged that it would be unrealistic if that were to happen but throughout maintained that they still want it because Legend is where they play at and if you don't agree with what they're asking for, you first prove your worth in a 1v1. Now, how much retracted % would you like to retract?
I'll add 10% ;)

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
They did ask for exactly that (allow bouncers to played off front foot) and a few posts later acknowledged that it would be unrealistic if that were to happen but throughout maintained that they still want it because Legend is where they play at and if you don't agree with what they're asking for, you first prove your worth in a 1v1. Now, how much retracted % would you like to retract?

Mate , it seems you want to keep fuming the flames here about this .

Not needed. He was just basically trying to convey that he is not a noob in the game.

Basically a slider/setting is needed for Online , where the Timing Window stays super small (Legend) , but the Short Ball is showed split seconds earlier than the other length indicators to assist in the footwork.

We have been down the road by starting off on Rookie (yeah) , up to Legend , and the difference in Timing Window between Veteran and Legend is just too wide , resulting in us overscoring in Veteran Mode , and scoring on par in Legend.

Its only the Bouncer indicator that need a tinker.

In 14 , you could hit all Bouncers on the Front foot.(Wrong imho)
In 17 , they changed it to only ones below the Shoulders (100% Correct)
By the sounds of it , the same as in 17 has been applied to Ashes , could be slightly stricker , which is all fine.

But we still need that split second earlier notification , to be able to try and rock back and enjoy the game.

Hope you understand the position we are in.

And I`m stating the above purely from years of Online Only playing , not to try and Brag or appear as someone/special.

They can call the difficulties whatever they like , I just wanted realistic scores based on the format that we play.

grkrama

National Board President
@Acidburn are you playing the game or yet to get it? Cause i dont thing the gap is wide between veteran and legend in ashes like in 17.

There is no problem at all here as there is a Front foot pull there in the game, and if you are premeditating on front foot in legend you can get away when there is a bouncer.

But what people are wanting is they want to be able to hit that for six by having a lofted front foot pull.

They want to be able to cream sixes in legend in their 5 over formats, that is the problem.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It’s 16th November @ Newzealand the first country to get Game officially launching date , count down started for all of the countries too.:clap

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@Acidburn are you playing the game or yet to get it? Cause i dont thing the gap is wide between veteran and legend in ashes like in 17.

There is no problem at all here as there is a Front foot pull there in the game, and if you are premeditating on front foot in legend you can get away when there is a bouncer.

But what people are wanting is they want to be able to hit that for six by having a lofted front foot pull.

They want to be able to cream sixes in legend in their 5 over formats, that is the problem.

probably the first sensible post on the subject.

Afridig

School Cricketer
My opinion of Ashes Cricket:

Good points

Somebody is making a cricket game regularly when EA backed out after cricket 07.

The Ashes license.

Motion Capture.

Bad points

A basic upgrade of Dbc17 and should have been released as dlc instead of saying it is a new game.

It is a mix of features from dbc14 and dbc 17 as the latter had some things missing which were in the first game.

This forum has too many people brown nosing Bigant instead of admitting that the new game should have had alot more features this time around.

In game editor has hardly been touched either.

chaman82

County Cricketer

Nobody playes 5 over online in this large Facebook online league grp.;). all games are standard T20 @ legend difficulty.

As a player who also plays in that group sometimes, I think it all got communicated incorrectly.( Some of them were overexcited I think)

What @Acid Burn is requesting is the need and is very doable solution.

I played on vetran level online and timing is a little easier for the online T20 Grps. So legend level suits for the majority of online league grp. No second thoughts about it.

Another backfoot problem which I have highlighted in another thread is the pull from outside off which I think is in the works.

Also , the cutters movement is a little exagerated in online games. Offline we can set it by modifier as we like.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
My opinion of Ashes Cricket:

Good points

Somebody is making a cricket game regularly when EA backed out after cricket 07.

The Ashes license.

Motion Capture.

Bad points

A basic upgrade of Dbc17 and should have been released as dlc instead of saying it is a new game.

It is a mix of features from dbc14 and dbc 17 as the latter had some things missing which were in the first game.

This forum has too many people brown nosing Bigant instead of admitting that the new game should have had alot more features this time around.

In game editor has hardly been touched either.

1. Can you explain how it is basic given they have implemented a new control system for batting, a new control system for bowling, completely revamped the animations and implemented more licensed content than ever before? EDIT: not to mention the vastly improved AI
  2. Can you explain how they would release it as DLC for an existing title given they don't own the rights to the existing titles anymore
  3. How does a perceived issue with the forums relate to your assessment of the quality of the game? Surely a forum doesn't impact on your ability to assess whether you enjoy a game or not
  4. What would you have changed to the in game editor? What were you expecting?
These are genuine questions that I'd be keen to see answers to

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
  1. Can you explain how it is basic given they have implemented a new control system for batting, a new control system for bowling, completely revamped the animations and implemented more licensed content than ever before?
  2. Can you explain how they would release it as DLC for an existing title given they don't own the rights to the existing titles anymore
  3. How does a perceived issue with the forums relate to your assessment of the quality of the game? Surely a forum doesn't impact on your ability to assess whether you enjoy a game or not
  4. What would you have changed to the in game editor? What were you expecting?
These are genuine questions that I'd be keen to see answers to

He doesn't even mention the much improved core game-play which is very apparent from watching any of the recent videos/streams people have put up.

To me that is the real key. If the game-play was pretty much the same as DBC17, or only marginally improved, then he may have a point but that doesn't seem to be the case. According to the beta testers (which you can maybe confirm?) there were limitations to the DBC17 engine which prevented some improvements, so a new game was actually required to reach this point.

chaman82

County Cricketer
ya this is a known issue/niggle and has been mentioned quite a bit in the beta as well.

So is it going to corrected ? I mean if u can tell.

Actually Smith also who has been mocaped plays pull way from outside off, and it was a bread n butter shot for me playing dbc14:yes, so really wanted this in ashes.

Afridig

School Cricketer
Commentators have been added but commentary lines are still very limited.

Camera options are the same even though many people have requested for a new closer broadcast camera aka static close broadcast camera.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
He doesn't even mention the much improved core game-play which is very apparent from watching any of the recent videos/streams people have put up.

To me that is the real key. If the game-play was pretty much the same as DBC17, or only marginally improved, then he may have a point but that doesn't seem to be the case. According to the beta testers (which you can maybe confirm?) there were limitations to the DBC17 engine which prevented some improvements, so a new game was actually required to reach this point.

i mean the bottom line is he was obviously trolling so I don't like to engage with these posts, and the fact of me being in the beta will tar me as a "fanboi", but i said within the beta itself that if the game felt like dbc17 with new animations it wouldn't be enough, and i wouldn't buy it. now in the end i didn't buy it, because Ross very kindly gave me a ps4 code, and that might compromise my neutrality in some people's eyes but I was gonna buy it, and this game is way way beyond being dbc17 with new animations.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Commentators have been added but commentary lines are still very limited.

Camera options are the same even though many people have requested for a new closer broadcast camera aka static close broadcast camera.

So I assume you can’t answer the questions above?

And they have developed the new camera angle. It didn’t make it in time for the Day 1 Patch cut off

kamrul

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Then don't visit the forum around its release date. Also, it was PC players who pirated the game and are deservingly given the punishment they deserve.[DOUBLEPOST=1510719013][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's getting harder to post even the simplest of words in these forums for the likes of you.[DOUBLEPOST=1510748141][/DOUBLEPOST]
Be patient.We pc players will get a more improved product with upcoming patches. There is already an issue with the AI not taking easy singles. So waiting is not a bad thing ATM though the game looks very good already.
This thought of getting a fully polished game in pc keeps me motivated

Users who are viewing this thread