Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Can someone please help me?
What does the AI difficulty option actually effect?
If I bowl both slider things in the green, that’s good right? How come I bowl 4 of these at normal pace and they all get blocked? Then the 5th ball I bowl in the green but it’s a slower ball and it’s hit over the rope. Shouldn’t that ball have caused them trouble. Is there something I’m doing wrong? xx

Can someone please help me?
What does the AI difficulty option actually effect?
If I bowl both slider things in the green, that’s good right? How come I bowl 4 of these at normal pace and they all get blocked? Then the 5th ball I bowl in the green but it’s a slower ball and it’s hit over the rope. Shouldn’t that ball have caused them trouble. Is there something I’m doing wrong? xx
That just seems to be how the game works. If they haven't scored enough runs they will compensate on balls 5 or 6.

I disagree whole heartedly with the statement. Not able to get stats right across two iterations of the game - DBC 17 and Ashes cricket - is everything to do with coding and testing. If correctly tracked and accurate stats is not due to shortcomings in coding and testing then I don't know what is.
My hypothesis: It does do stats correctly because it wasn't designed to do it correctly.

My hypothesis: It does do stats correctly because it wasn't designed to do it correctly.

How can stats be designed to be calculated incorrectly? There's no ambiguity in how stats are tracked and calculated in cricket so why exactly would they be designed any different? I'm sorry but I blame the overall quality, or lack of it, for not being able to fix something like stats across two iterations (DBC 17 and Ashes cricket).

Now if your hypothesis of Big Ant intentionally "designing" the stats incorrectly is correct, then I'm lost for words. I can't think of any reason why anyone would do so or what they intended to achieve by coming up with "Big Ant Stats' instead of regular cricketing stats that have been universally accepted and followed throughout the cricketing world.

Last edited:
How can stats be designed to be calculated correctly? There's no ambiguity in how stats are tracked and calculated in cricket so why exactly would they be designed any different? I'm sorry but I blame the overall quality, or lack of it, for not being able to fix something like stats across two iterations (DBC 17 and Ashes cricket).

Now if your hypothesis of Big Ant intentionally "designing" the stats incorrectly is correct, then I'm lost for words. I can't think of any reason why anyone would do so or what they intended to achieve by coming up with "Big Ant Stats' instead of regular cricketing stats that have been universally accepted and followed throughout the cricketing world.

Just no way stats are incorrect by design....

That's what it looks like. I've played a few ODIs lately and without fail they will try and smash ball 6.
I wish AI played on merit or quality of delivery bowled. And AI/match difficulty determined how well they can play deliveries (even the good ones). At the same time would have liked if the batsman Ariel marker was an indication of the quality of the delivery and pitch marker of line and length, while batting.

How can stats be designed to be calculated incorrectly? There's no ambiguity in how stats are tracked and calculated in cricket so why exactly would they be designed any different? I'm sorry but I blame the overall quality, or lack of it, for not being able to fix something like stats across two iterations (DBC 17 and Ashes cricket).

I really didn't say that they were designed to be incorrect. Just that the amount of design was insufficient to produce the intended outcome of correct stats.

I really didn't say that they were designed to be incorrect. Just that the amount of design was insufficient to produce the intended outcome of correct stats.

In that case testing was not up to the scratch coz surely testing should've found out issues with stats. Either way coding and/or testing was below par in case of stats.

@cricket_online @zimrahil @Plotinus - if you think through the implications of the way it was designed so earned stats wouldn't track outside casual mode, and the "snap shotting" of match types for tours, competitions etc. instead of version control, it's clear that whatever big ant are good at, elegant handling of data is not it. i'm not surprised stats calculation is wrong.

@cricket_online @zimrahil @Plotinus - if you think through the implications of the way it was designed so earned stats wouldn't track outside casual mode, and the "snap shotting" of match types for tours, competitions etc. instead of version control, it's clear that whatever big ant are good at, elegant handling of data is not it. i'm not surprised stats calculation is wrong.

Couldn't agree more. If they couldn't figure out that Test matches will need to be saved and resumed and thus stats for these stats will need to factor in the 'save & resume' process, nothing more needs to be said. How can stats for Tests in casual mode assume that Test matches will be completed in one sitting?

well, it IS designed that earned stats don't track for all modes except casual.

And even the wrongly designed piece is not working as intended. If you save a test match and resume it at a later date, the stats only reflect the runs/averages after the resume. Everything else is lost leading to incorrect stats even for the Casual mode. As for career mode, we already know they are not accurate. Plus the competition ones aren't tracked and stored as per "design". So what exactly is the point of stats in the game coz I've no clue at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread