Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Why don't you just follow ross.... click on @BigAntStudios click follow... then from then on all his posts will appear in your news feed (Go to Your Account, click News Feed")

I wondered why I got these followers all of a sudden..... there were some screenshots released today btw.

I would probably drop a tenner on a pack of licensed English stadiums.

Presuming the base game is good of course.

Doesn't Ashes license by default gives BA license for English stadiums? I for sure would love to see Lords & Oval in the game.

Not too sure about license but Ashes 2009, IC'10 & previous cricket games also added stadiums that were similar to their real namesake stadiums from around the world. Hope that is the case in Ashes'17, or at least it has resources to build custom stadiums in the manner.

Doesn't Ashes license by default gives BA license for English stadiums? I for sure would love to see Lords & Oval in the game.

Not too sure about license but Ashes 2009, IC'10 & previous cricket games also added stadiums that were similar to their real namesake stadiums from around the world. Hope that is the case in Ashes'17, or at least it has resources to build custom stadiums in the manner.

I would assume no. My understanding is that Big Ant have the rights for the current Ashes series so other than the Aussie & English Ashes squads for the upcoming series, they would only have licenses for Aussie stadiums where Ashes Tests will be played.

Now if they get the rights for the subsequent Ashes series in England, they should be able to add those stadiums in the next version. But they may lose licensing of Aussie stadiums in the next version depending on the licensing agreement, i.e. duration of the license, no. of games the licensed content can be used in etc.

Nice. I like BigAnt games. They haven't disappointed me in their games so I'm gonna pre-order this. I bought DBC 14 (which imo is the best cricket game of all games) on console + pc. I bought their DBC 17 on console + PC and also their cartoony cricket game on Steam and they were all excellent to decent.

As soon as I see preorder I'll do it

Nice. I like BigAnt games. They haven't disappointed me in their games so I'm gonna pre-order this. I bought DBC 14 (which imo is the best cricket game of all games) on console + pc. I bought their DBC 17 on console + PC and also their cartoony cricket game on Steam and they were all excellent to decent.

I would not list DBC 17 as an outstanding success but they have the chance to put everything right with the Ashes game.

DBC17 had many potentials that wasnt tapped at its best. The Ashes 17 is possibly the enhanced version of DBC17 plus motion capture and licenced Aus/Eng.

And possibly the only way to have ben stokes playing the ashes.

I bet ECB find any way they can to ensure he goes on tour. Even if he misses one or two tests etc. Without him England are pretty much fubared and they cannot rely on Moeen all the time :p

I bet ECB find any way they can to ensure he goes on tour. Even if he misses one or two tests etc. Without him England are pretty much fubared and they cannot rely on Moeen all the time :p

I really hope you are right.
If stokes doesn't go ali will have to be number one all rounder, which I think would suit him.

I don’t think Moeen Ali being as successful in Australia as he has shown to be in England. If anything England top and middle order give a good start he can chip in with useful 50s, I don’t see him construct game saving or game changing centuries from him. Also while bowing I don’t see him earn wickets on regular basis, we will be successful at may be odd partnerships breaking or getting his tail up while defending a big score. Visiting finger spinners have been limited success in Australia.

Australian media would target him, Australia players will be at him they would have sorted him by now, Australia crowd wud be ready to get into action as well.

Users who are viewing this thread