Ashes Cricket General Discussion

You don't always need to bite back against criticism, a lot of people clearly thought you made a stupid statement. But, you do often bring up sentence/paragraph structure, spelling, etc.

Listen @cricket_online and I have always talked.

He said that would be it for the game.

I asked him if gameplay was greatly improved wouldn’t he play another mode.

Explain to me how that is remotely stupid....

I didn’t defend BA, I didn’t defend career mode. I asked would he play anything else on the basis gameplay may be improved.

What happened is the BA hate squad ideinfied this as an opportunity to go off on one again.

If you can explain to me how my question to him... not to anyone else was stupid then I’d be happy to apologise

And no I don’t correct grammer and spelling your confusing me with others. I sometimes suggest language barriers are reasons for people coming across rude. I don’t care how you spell mate.

You said something stupid. You were called out, and a lot of people agreed that your statement was stupid. You have now doubled down and gone on the attack against other's literacy. You follow a similar pattern; when you disagree with others you analyse their spelling and grammar rather than engaging in a discussion.

Oh, and if you are so bothered by it maybe have a proof-read of your own posts.

People need to stop embarassing themseleves.

I didn’t defend BA, I didn’t defend career mode. I asked would he play anything else on the basis gameplay may be improved.

What happened is the BA hate squad ideinfied this as an opportunity to go off on one again.

If you can explain to me how my question to him... not to anyone else was stupid then I’d be happy to apologise

And no I don’t correct grammer and spelling your confusing me with others. I sometimes suggest language barriers are reasons for people coming across rude. I don’t care how you spell mate.
I believe you were insinuating that because career modes have been non existent in the past it is a less important feature of the game. That's just the way I read it. Personally, I only ever play Test tours and this is the first of the three games that I don't think I've had a realistic Test experience.

I believe you were insinuating that because career modes have been non existent in the past it is a less important feature of the game. That's just the way I read it. Personally, I only ever play Test tours and this is the first of the three games that I don't think I've had a realistic Test experience.

Yeah so unfortunately you persieved it completely wrong and all I wasn’t doing was asking him. Again I stress Him. On whether it was career or nothing for him.

That question is not stupid. However people misinterpret stuff all the time.

More so here when they look for any excuse to twist words and have a bash. (Not you specifically)

I took Wealey's statement to mean that he was asking that without career mode would there still be anything there that you'd enjoy or would that literally be 'it', the last time you played the game.

I can understand where it seems like the statement could go two ways -

Wealey inferring that career mode being fixed isn't as important as gameplay.
Wealey asking if there's anything else of worth in the game if career somehow isn't fixed in that way.

At the end of the day we need to take him at his word which one he meant. He's always been a pretty credible guy.

Perhaps if you do not wish to be interpreted as a mindless Big Ant defender then don't interpret others as mindless Big Ant haters?

Personally if people were interpreting a post of mine in the worst possible light then I would probably be pissed too. However if multiple people end up reading the same meaning then I would have to think about whether I maybe could have expressed myself more clearly.

I took Wealey's statement to mean that he was asking that without career mode would there still be anything there that you'd enjoy or would that literally be 'it', the last time you played the game.

Wealey asking if there's anything else of worth in the game if career somehow isn't fixed in that way.

At the end of the day we need to take him at his word which one he meant. He's always been a pretty credible guy.
In any mode whether it's Career or Tour or Tests or Odis we are batting or bowling or fielding but not simply updating the stats or observing your career progression or simply enjoying when someone is playing. My point is what is the use of careers and other game modes without good game play.
Hence game play is much much more important than other things. Without good game play nobody is interested to spend time with the game. Exception of few guys like DJ .

Also I can understand misinterpreting something...

It’s when the person continues to argue and make statements that are so incorrect even after you have made yourself clear.

People need to stop embarassing themseleves.

Again unfortunately your barking up the wrong tree sadly.

No one is embarrassing themselves.

My post was a question, some of the usual pains in here jumped on here and thought it was an opportunity to have a bash.

Some of the good lads missunderstood.

Some knew exactly what I wasn’t asking!

Yet I still asked a simple question.

Hopefully your pick me on something embarrassing soon though :)

Again unfortunately your barking up the wrong tree sadly.

No one is embarrassing themselves.

My post was a question, some of the usual pains in here jumped on here and thought it was an opportunity to have a bash.

Some of the good lads missunderstood.

Some knew exactly what I wasn’t asking!

Yet I still asked a simple question.

Hopefully your pick me on something embarrassing soon though :)
Get back to testing buddy. Some fights are not worth fighting

Which is fair enough and your opinion...

But my question alluded to - what did you used to do before career mode existed.

As personally as a cricket game nut I’d play whatever...

Just to clarify... the last cricket game I played without career or online mode was EA Cricket 2007 way back in 2006 or 2007 - nearly 12 years back on PS2. Since then I've played Ashes Cricket 2009 exclusively for the online mode. I binned International Cricket 2010 in less than 10 days as the online mode was broken in the game. Then came DBc 14 and all I played was online or career mode. DBC 17 was binned within a couple of weeks due to online gameplay issues and broken career mode. Ashes Cricket is in the same boat as DBC 17 as of now.

In nutshell I find career mode engaging and online gameplay much more fun and addictive. Maybe I'm spoiled by other games or my gaming behavior has changed over the years but to me sports games are all about either career mode or online. I may play a few casual matches to test a few things, i.e. tweaking slider settings or trying out new shots or field types for online etc. but my core gameplay modes are online and career. It's unfortunate that these two modes have taken huge steps back since DBC 14.

Just to clarify... the last cricket game I played without career or online mode was EA Cricket 2007 way back in 2006 or 2007 - nearly 12 years back on PS2. Since then I've played Ashes Cricket 2009 exclusively for the online mode. I binned International Cricket 2010 in less than 10 days as the online mode was broken in the game. Then came DBc 14 and all I played was online or career mode. DBC 17 was binned within a couple of weeks due to online gameplay issues and broken career mode. Ashes Cricket is in the same boat as DBC 17 as of now.

In nutshell I find career mode engaging and online gameplay much more fun and addictive. Maybe I'm spoiled by other games or my gaming behavior has changed over the years but to me sports games are all about either career mode or online. I may play a few casual matches to test a few things, i.e. tweaking slider settings or trying out new shots or field types for online etc. but my core gameplay modes are online and career. It's unfortunate that these two modes have taken huge steps back since DBC 14.

And that’s all I wanted to know...

Amazing that, cheers mate.

Users who are viewing this thread