Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Hi everyone,

We've been working with the beta team on some updates, and we're ready to show off some of the progress made so far.

There is a build available right now on PC that you can opt in to on steam and try this out to give feedback.

To opt-in, right click the game in steam and select properties. Then select the 'Betas' tab, and select 'preview', then click close. This will then download the update containing the fix for this issue. You may need to restart Steam before this option will show in the list.

Update notes for this preview build are as follows:

- Added reset academy options
- Added option to have a real bowler as well as bowling machine for nets/ground training
- Added HUD enable/disable option to settings menu
- Enabled more cameras in ground training mode
- Fixed issue with uniforms not displaying logos
- Tuned stamina/confidence
- Tuned fielding, including wicketkeeper reactions
- Tuned edges
- Tuned AI batting
- Tuned ducking
- Tuned batting timing windows
- Online: Custom logos will be maintained after resuming save
- Academy: Can add players to teams with incomplete lineups
- Commentary/Sound improvements
- Stability improvements

And more to come!

Note: As this is a pre-release preview, there may be incomplete things. As a precaution back up your save data prior to switching to this preview release.

Please report bugs about this build in this thread, to avoid confusion with the console version.

To pre-empt the obvious question - I can't give a timeframe on this patch coming to console, and would rather that console stuff is discussed in another thread.

Enjoy, and let me know your thoughts on this update below.
Ok so I guess I can share the details..:p

Ok so I guess I can share the details..:p
Tuned stamina/confidence
Does it mean that confidence does not carry on to 2nd innings?
Tuned fielding
Does it mean only ground fielding or any changes/additions have been made in fielding presets?

If it wasn't for the update notification and if I hadn't gone into training ground I might not have even realised there had been a patch. So maybe that's why he's not giving specifics.

Please don't mess with the batting timing,finally batting well with this patch,it's like proper cricket,waiting for the ball and playing

Please don't mess with the batting timing,finally batting well with this patch,it's like proper cricket,waiting for the ball and playing
Yes, they just need to fix bit of six hitting timing in limited overs and few shots like prod shot, 3rd man shot and leg side shots hitting onto batsman body. Otherwise batting is good.

That instance where AI just set me up with its field setting.Bowling line and length complimenting the field. Take a look.

What does "tuned AI batting mean"?

Are we allowed a clue? AI batting was fine apart from lofted shots always going for six

Users who are viewing this thread