Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Was so happy getting beta patches one after another but sadly it stopped at a point where there is little more fine tuning needed. Last patch totally spoiled the online experience. There were way too many edges now irrespective of the timing. I get good foot work, good timing, good shot selection and still it will edge. Shot power also reduced on good timings. No need boundaries all the time but atleast some 2 runs when timed well into the gaps. We need some more support @MattW. Please give us one or two patches which solves these and some issues. Thanks for the support till now.

Have you played the game with latest patch and this opinion is formed based on that?

Test cricket is were the game shines the most imo. There are issues and niggles here and there but probably the best test experience so far.
I'll be honest... I haven't so I will! If it turns out not have improved... I will find you and I will tickle you x

Was so happy getting beta patches one after another but sadly it stopped at a point where there is little more fine tuning needed. Last patch totally spoiled the online experience. There were way too many edges now irrespective of the timing. I get good foot work, good timing, good shot selection and still it will edge. Shot power also reduced on good timings. No need boundaries all the time but atleast some 2 runs when timed well into the gaps. We need some more support @MattW. Please give us one or two patches which solves these and some issues. Thanks for the support till now.
Yes! I totally agree with you. And I would like to add one thing that. The patch which came first for changing timing totally that was awesome inclusion both for offline and online game. But later when another patch came for some edge adjustment from that time online got bad. Edges are totally random like you said. And Sometimes it doesn't edge when I time early even on poor footwork . @MattW Please look into PC online specially for excessive random edging.

Yes! I totally agree with you. And I would like to add one thing that. The patch which came first for changing timing totally that was awesome inclusion both for offline and online game. But later when another patch came for some edge adjustment from that time online got bad. Edges are totally random like you said. And Sometimes it doesn't edge when I time early even on poor footwork . @MattW Please look into PC online specially for excessive random edging.

Yes, game got better with so much fine tuning done to timing with patches but the last patch totally ruined the batting in online. Change in timing is good but the shot powers were less so everyone relying just on sweeps. If normal lofted shots also connects well with decent power then it will be a good balance.

QUOTE="Gaming Bittu, post: 3281284, member: 134428"]Yes, game got better with so much fine tuning done to timing with patches but the last patch totally ruined the batting in online. Change in timing is good but the shot powers were less so everyone relying just on sweeps. If normal lofted shots also connects well with decent power then it will be a good balance.[/QUOTE]
Yes. Mostly are playing are relying in over powered sweeps because on early timing to we can hit it for six and ok footwork too. I wanted to put light on issues of edges which increased alot. Game was near perfect when first patch came which Changed timings so it eliminated premeditation of shots part. And yes you are right about timing also.

Yes, game got better with so much fine tuning done to timing with patches but the last patch totally ruined the batting in online. Change in timing is good but the shot powers were less so everyone relying just on sweeps. If normal lofted shots also connects well with decent power then it will be a good balance.
I also want to add that bowler's Fielding on his own bowling is little unrealistic for eg. If I hit a shot on early timing he won't stop it and I can take quick single. Now suppose my opponent removes one of the fielder deep mid on or off now the bowler starts stopping evrryevery hit straight and they even catch balls which are played on everything ideal.

Overrall really enjoying the game especially bowling as im hopeless with the bat,could find an edge in my sleep!sure there are bugs and things to improve mainly the fielding and commentary.I play on easy fielding and the AI is often slow to respond and as has been pointed out the commentators say its a dropped catch when in fact the ball has bounced a couple of times before reaching the fielder.really great work from BA though

Not seeing pitch degradation is the only real downside now to me, it's a shame but seems very tricky for them to put right, would love to be batting on a real pig of a pitch late into day 5.

I can cut devs a lot of slack because I know it’s hard, but saving and retrieving variables isn’t hard and the pitch thing has been over 3 games now and it sucks ass

Yeah makes you wonder if they have trouble with saved files as sometimes you feel the levels you set the game at change too.

Platform: PS4
Game Version: 1.08 or most recent
Game Mode: Career
Match Type: All
Teams used: Any
Ground: Not Applicable
Over Count: Not Applicable
Issue (one line description): Centuries not being recorded properly.
Bug description (detail): .....Reported this previously as well. Test match centuries, where career player remains not out at the time of declaration are not recorded in the career stats panel. They do show up in the manhattan. Broken stats is making career mode unplayable.

I think this seems to have been rectified. Will report if it resurfaces but, so far, it seems to have been taken care of. Thank you support and tech team.

Users who are viewing this thread