Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Watched the IGN video , and enjoyed it alot , until this happened on the first throw in from the fielder.... :
Sleeping Keeper Ashes Cricket.jpg

I`m hoping this is a Once off , (as it didn`t happen again in the 5/5fer , the catches by the Keeper and Bowler from there was spot on especially the way they tried to "flick" off the bails)

If its not a Once off , it will need more tinkering to get the Keeper to be more aware of throws coming in .

The other one of concern , is the way that a 167km/h ball ???? , can still not reach the boundary when bowled down leg.Carry to the keeper at speeds of 150 + still looks "Off" , although a Soft pitch was selected.

Other than this , couldnt fault anything else in the video , looks very very promising so far !!!

Great going guys .

Individuals other than yourself were trying to be funny or cute. That’s is why I didn’t quote your post.

An easy way to stand up for the forum is to report posts you think are poor. Hell, put people on the ignore list I’d you want. It’s pretty poor form to come in on a high horse and complain about the way things are run when you don’t know half the stuff that happens on here.

I find telling people to stay on topic is beneficial. Because members going off topic in the media thread sure as hell wasnt beneficial was it?

Your post wasn’t deleted so it is clearly being let to stand on its merit.

At today's rate, I would have to spend a big chuck of my time on PC just reporting. When there are that many poor posts, I would think that reporting them individually isn't worth my time? I mean how hard is it to notice? The regularly active members have been voicing their opinions about such posts for like almost a year now. I have seen people after people request such members to get their act together and see what a forum is actually for. How well has that been received by them?

Let me rephrase my question, if no one here clicks the report button but finds heaps of posts being tasteless, the mods and staff wouldn't bat an eye?

What I'm trying to ask with all these references is that, where is old PC that everyone loved? It seems to be hiding beneath a load of crap from people who don't understand what to post on a 'forum' (this ain't Facebook/Youtube). So please do something better. I can't bear to watch this place sink like this.

Just don't play it this safe.

At today's rate, I would have to spend a big chuck of my time on PC just reporting. When there are that many poor posts, I would think that reporting them individually isn't worth my time? I mean how hard is it to notice? The regularly active members have been voicing their opinions about such posts for like almost a year now. I have seen people after people request such members to get their act together and see what a forum is actually for. How well has that been received by them?

Let me rephrase my question, if no one here clicks the report button but finds heaps of posts being tasteless, the mods and staff wouldn't bat an eye?

What I'm trying to ask with all these references is that, where is old PC that everyone loved? It seems to be hiding beneath a load of crap from people who don't understand what to post on a 'forum' (this ain't Facebook/Youtube). So please do something better. I can't bear to watch this place sink like this.

Just don't play it this safe.
The first step towards the 'bring back that old PC standards' has already been taken. :)

We have been too lenient towards the members so far by reminding them through polite word. If we start shutting people up then believe me, this thread wouldn't have crossed even 30 pages.

That's the truth for sure and that's exactly what I'm saying...30 pages of actual discussion is better than what we have been having so far. You don't need to prove to me that you didn't shut me up; I understand that you are doing your best but I was just saying hear me out when I told you something directly. On that same lines, please do shut people off who don't hear you. Why do you even want to be lenient? It's only making you seem like your control over the forum is lesser.

It's simple - make the posts you want to see others make. If people make good quality posts, it breeds good quality discussion - if you don't post because you're annoyed at all the bad posts - all that's left is the bad posts.

Positively contibute - that's how you make a forum better. No amount of moderators can improve the quality of posts that aren't made - if you sit on the sidelines complaining, then you're no better than the people you'd think are spamming or making low quality posts.

What moderators can do is keep this thread to the topic. Which will include deleting any further off topic posts.

I completely agree that I should be the change that I want to see. But that's what I have been trying to do but I did reduce the volume of my posts because the chance of having a coherent conversation seemed to dim as days pass. I can't be the sole inspiration when there are better and far more influential members here. The mods have the power to dictate how this forum is run so I'm looking at you to give us all inspiration.

At the end of the day, I'm just being plain honest with you with my thoughts on where this forum is going. If the forum worsens, it surely would be a loss for me but there is only so much one member can do. Inspire us, we will follow your lead.[DOUBLEPOST=1509696295][/DOUBLEPOST]
The first step towards the 'bring back that old PC standards' has already been taken. :)

I don't know what exactly happened? But if you did, then that solves my concerns, I guess. Thanks.

Reactions: DAP
Watched the IGN video , and enjoyed it alot , until this happened on the first throw in from the fielder.... :
View attachment 199091

I`m hoping this is a Once off , (as it didn`t happen again in the 5/5fer , the catches by the Keeper and Bowler from there was spot on especially the way they tried to "flick" off the bails)

If its not a Once off , it will need more tinkering to get the Keeper to be more aware of throws coming in .

The other one of concern , is the way that a 167km/h ball ???? , can still not reach the boundary when bowled down leg.Carry to the keeper at speeds of 150 + still looks "Off" , although a Soft pitch was selected.

Other than this , couldnt fault anything else in the video , looks very very promising so far !!!

Great going guys .

Acid Burn, the videos were published just so that we can see something. I'm pretty sure that they weren't the complete representation of the final game. Even if it was, we could just give Ross that trust when he says this is pre-patch and let's wait until we have the game before we start putting out concerns.
To be honest, I did see quite a few concerning moments or even 'this could been done better' moments along with extraordinary improvements. But I'm holding back the concerns until I have the game cause frankly, that is when the devs are going to listen to you anyway.

Closer to DBC17 and recent hit RLL4 i guess.We all aware that BigAnt is known to develop great titles with minimum space and other requirements.

With the button-based controls... how do you decide line as a bowler? Didn't hear it mentioned on the IGN video

If batsmen had a choice to remove their helmets while spinners are on, the would be a great addition.

Nevertheless, eagerly waiting for Ashes on steam, long wait though for PC.

Users who are viewing this thread