Ashes Cricket General Discussion

indian_tamizhan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Stick it in th story thread if you want!

Sure. Btw would also love to share this link where we did conduct an online tourney in Dbc14, awarding the tourney winner with a REAL TROPHY. You could see the winner’s picture with the trophy in his hand on this link. So just wanna say, the passion we have on this game, the time we spent playing these 4 years, and the time we are gonna spend in the upcoming years, we just can’t express through the words.

Did you seriously just share a video of your batting where you pre-meditated every single shot? You had already decided where you're going to hit the ball even before bowler had completed half his run-up. That's not very impressive.

Don't you even get me started on your bowling tactics. I wouldn't call them realistic.

If you are able to extract joy of out of such tactics, good for you.

Seems its very obvious that you haven't played a game online before in legend difficulty. My dear brother, right now, this is how it is in online on the legend mode. Because bouncers you cant play in the front foot and the full length yorkers cannot be played in the back foot.. so the only choice left for you is PREMEDITATION against the pacers.. and that's the main reason why we were asking for stuffs like making bouncers playable on front foot etc.. and if the connection between you and your online opponent is not good, then it is even worse. Ie., you wont get the time to play even 120kmph deliveries without premeditating. ie., you will be receiving the deliveries from the pace bowlers like rockets where you don't get time to change your footwork or decide the shot after you see the ball! it's kind of arcadish, but that is how it is in the online legend mode. And not just me, if you ask any players who plays in the legend difficulty online, they does the same. Peace!

Reactions: DAP

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Did you seriously just share a video of your batting where you pre-meditated every single shot? You had already decided where you're going to hit the ball even before bowler had completed half his run-up. That's not very impressive.

Don't you even get me started on your bowling tactics. I wouldn't call them realistic.

If you are able to extract joy of out of such tactics, good for you.
Thats a bit too harsh. I feel however one wants to play should play. If they want to pre-meditate let them, its ones own choice.

indian_tamizhan

Club Cricketer
Thats a bit too harsh. I feel however one wants to play should play. If they want to pre-meditate let them, its ones own choice.
Sorry, its not how we want to play really, but how you are forced to play or like safe to play when chasing such huge targets on that higher difficulty online mode.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Greater use of the ignore function would help all.

Special thanks to @Afridig - saved me a lot of time, such a bottom feeding troll magnet that I just ignored you and anyone that liked your posts. Bye.

Don' Think anyone liked his posts anyways!

riteshagl

County Cricketer
Just a quick query... i am really struggling when i miss a normal shot to a spinner... i am getting stumped again and again.. even when i am standing two steps behind than usual batting position... i am not sure if this qualifies as a bug but i think it may need some tweaking..the batsman doesnt get back in time.. he sorto stands still after missing the shot resulting in easy stumping.. any suggestions

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
it is available on ps store australia.
Yup, just saw. Should come out US Store in the morning, though Hong Kong isn’t getting one I suspect. So, US Store it is.[DOUBLEPOST=1510762927][/DOUBLEPOST]Also US is still technically a day behind...

grkrama

National Board President
Just a quick query... i am really struggling when i miss a normal shot to a spinner... i am getting stumped again and again.. even when i am standing two steps behind than usual batting position... i am not sure if this qualifies as a bug but i think it may need some tweaking..the batsman doesnt get back in time.. he sorto stands still after missing the shot resulting in easy stumping.. any suggestions

This shouldnt be happening, may be best to post it in bugs section with a video if possible. Are you leaving the spin by any chance using leave button or this is for normal drives, It does happen when you mis big lofted shots like on slogs but thats a bit realistic though.

kamrul

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, btw played an epic match last night. Thought i could share it here. It’s an online T20 played in the legend difficulty. My opponent won the toss, batted first and set a massive target of 173. It was a batting pitch and unfortunately i was well short of pace bowlers. So i was forced to bowl 4 overs of spin and some overs from a medium bowler and thereby leaking some huge runs. Being desperate to make use of the PP because of the huge target, played some aggressive cricket and lost wickets quickly. At one stage i was 84/6 in 8 overs. Then decided to stick with the selective shots, played cautiously and was well rewarded with a good partnership of 90 runs, tasting a good win without losing any more wickets. Here is the full match video if anybody wanna watch:

Hmm and special dedication to these special fellas!!! @MuchMore @wasteyouryouth @blockerdave @WealeyH @Alberts @Dmayne @grkrama @Spoobir @kamrul

And those who haven’t bought, pre-ordered, or waiting for the reviews, don’t give a second thought. Just get the game ASAP. The game is superb. Back foot shots, animations and the shot power on full/good length deliveries are very impressive. Little bugs are there (not anything annoying though), but sure they will be sorted out soon in the upcoming patches. Once again thank you @BigAntStudios for gifting us the best cricket games Dbc14, Dbc17 and Ashes Cricket. Cheers!

@AliKhan215 @Acid Burn @Sherrytk @chaman82
Glad you enjoyed it mate! But I always prefer the stick control. Feels real.

Abhi_Roxtar

Club Cricketer
Mate , it seems you want to keep fuming the flames here about this .

Not needed. He was just basically trying to convey that he is not a noob in the game.

Basically a slider/setting is needed for Online , where the Timing Window stays super small (Legend) , but the Short Ball is showed split seconds earlier than the other length indicators to assist in the footwork.

We have been down the road by starting off on Rookie (yeah) , up to Legend , and the difference in Timing Window between Veteran and Legend is just too wide , resulting in us overscoring in Veteran Mode , and scoring on par in Legend.

Its only the Bouncer indicator that need a tinker.

In 14 , you could hit all Bouncers on the Front foot.(Wrong imho)
In 17 , they changed it to only ones below the Shoulders (100% Correct)
By the sounds of it , the same as in 17 has been applied to Ashes , could be slightly stricker , which is all fine.

But we still need that split second earlier notification , to be able to try and rock back and enjoy the game.

Hope you understand the position we are in.

And I`m stating the above purely from years of Online Only playing , not to try and Brag or appear as someone/special.

They can call the difficulties whatever they like , I just wanted realistic scores based on the format that we play.
Do you play on PS4 or steam?

Users who are viewing this thread