Ashes Cricket in Asia

AC2009 should be AT LEAST 2000 in india. If its 500...well, thats just gay :mad:

1) Buying a system, you want to know how? For first 2 years of my college I collected money & paid my money in installments. Any problem now?
Nope and you've completely made my point. If you want something and can't afford it, you save for it.

If someone managed to save the 20,000 Rs for an Xbox, they can't justify complaining that 10% of that is the price of a game and say they can't afford it.

The way you are saying, it's like, " I am earning 20000 Rs here, so when I go to US, I should earn 20000 $ ". It's of no-sense.
I'm saying that if you are on a low income, you have to make sacrifices for something you want.

I strongly doubt anyone who has an Xbox is earning only 20,000 a month.

It doesn't work like that. You have to understand that most of the crowd here are kids, they simply don't have access to all the 20k-30k salary really, once I grow up yes, I can afford to play games at those prices [like 2.5k and 3k] but I simply can't now. Glad that Codies followed GTA IV's way...
Of course, when you are younger there's a point. But I do find it hard to believe that someone who's family is earning 20-30k managed to find the money for a good computer, but couldn't find 500 one month.

Sure there's the argument that it might be a computer used for work, but would it necessarily be powerful enough? I know I've never had a work computer that was anything more powerful than absolutely necessary.

So that leaves children of someone who's an IT worker who's work has provided a sufficiently powerful computer that costs more than several months of their salary as people who have a reason to complain about the price.

The fact is that the developers know that Piracy is rampant here, which I agree is a shameful fact. But if I were them I would rather price a product low and gain something out of it rather than knowing that it is being pirated.
They have secondary market considerations. If they make it considerably cheaper on consoles, then people will just import it from India to get a cheap copy.

Sales in Australia and England at the full price can't be subsidising sales in India, so they have a tough job finding the balance. The only real argument here that has any credibility are kids who don't have the income, but that's still only valid for PC, and still dependent on how they managed to get the PC in the first place.

There is only so far publishers can go in trying to sell to a market that expects tiny prices for things that have high costs. I can't imagine high profits on selling a game for $10, so they can't exactly get much lower than that.

my pc was a second hand one,when i brought it(rs 8500),then my parents directly said to me that they will not pay a single money for updating systems(they cant,our monthly income is Rs 30000),
Does that meet the system requirements for the game? Probably not. Whereas, to get a 'new Mother board(biostar gf7050-m7),core 2 duo e7300,3 gb ddr 2 ram' would cost a lot more than that, and in comparison 500 is nothing.

then i have to pay my Internet bill from these money and so on,and at last my monthly savings becomes Rs 50-75,so now??
So save 50 a month and get it in ten months time.

How come salaries in India are so low? I'm only 15 and i earn $1000 a month working at Tim Hortons thats like 43,000 Rupees.

whitehornmatt said:
Of course, when you are younger there's a point. But I do find it hard to believe that someone who's family is earning 20-30k managed to find the money for a good computer, but couldn't find 500 one month.

Sure there's the argument that it might be a computer used for work, but would it necessarily be powerful enough? I know I've never had a work computer that was anything more powerful than absolutely necessary.

So that leaves children of someone who's an IT worker who's work has provided a sufficiently powerful computer that costs more than several months of their salary as people who have a reason to complain about the price.

But then when someone buys a computer now a days, 80% of them are powerful enough for gaming purposes with the only addition of a graphics card. If you notice in the forums, most of the Indian crowds have got cards like 9400GT, 8400GS, FX5500 and stuff, which are in effect, low end cards, which just about allow play the game [barring the exception of the FX5500].

Also see that when a person buys a PC saving up huge money, he doesn't only does it for playing AC09 does he? Add in the fact that 5 games cost as much as half of the PC's costs... Sure I know the costs are high and the price is justified but I'm only explaining why original games with high prices don't sell in here.

whitehornmatt said:
They have secondary market considerations. If they make it considerably cheaper on consoles, then people will just import it from India to get a cheap copy.

Sales in Australia and England at the full price can't be subsidising sales in India, so they have a tough job finding the balance. The only real argument here that has any credibility are kids who don't have the income, but that's still only valid for PC, and still dependent on how they managed to get the PC in the first place.

There is only so far publishers can go in trying to sell to a market that expects tiny prices for things that have high costs. I can't imagine high profits on selling a game for $10, so they can't exactly get much lower than that.

You're missing the point. No one's complaining about the 500 bucks price in here, in fact that is very welcome. I'm talking about prices of 2499 / 1599 which they usually have been in the past especially with EA titles.

I'm not saying sales in Aus / Eng should bear the burden of subsidizing here. No. But then think that when they price the game that, more than 95% market doesn't bother to shell out 2000 bucks, so they lose money. Pricing games as 500 for PC versions makes them get back something anyways.

You're missing the point. No one's complaining about the 500 bucks price in here, in fact that is very welcome. I'm talking about prices of 2499 / 1599 which they usually have been in the past especially with EA titles.
Some seem to be suggesting that 500 is still too high, wanting 200 or so. I'm saying for PC, at 500 no one has an excuse for piracy. And for consoles the 2000 price range is reasonable in the context of the fact that a console owner would typically have a higher income.

There's risk vs reward in such aggressive pricing, low margins mean that if it doesn't sell really well, they make a loss.

Regardless there still seems to be an attitude of why pay 500, when you could pay 50 to some random in the street, or download it. The price will never be low enough for some people, and you can't blame that on income levels.

Some seem to be suggesting that 500 is still too high, wanting 200 or so. I'm saying for PC, at 500 no one has an excuse for piracy. And for consoles the 2000 price range is reasonable in the context of the fact that a console owner would typically have a higher income.

There's risk vs reward in such aggressive pricing, low margins mean that if it doesn't sell really well, they make a loss.

Regardless there still seems to be an attitude of why pay 500, when you could pay 50 to some random in the street, or download it. The price will never be low enough for some people, and you can't blame that on income levels.

not just in india......but people all over the globe will always want it cheaper and theres always those section who'll download even if its for 100 Rs !!

Rs 500 is Quite affordable....this is definitely a step in the right direction...

i know i'll buy it for 500 rather than 1500 especially when the cricket gaming history hasnt been very bright.

^ wow that's like 10 bucks here.

again. your missing the point. the canadian economy and indian economy is entirely different.

you get 1000$ working in a coffee and doughnut shop that is around 45000 Rs in india. fyi, thats a salary of a highly educated engineer with a min 2 years experience.

^ really? Are you serious? Did I mention...I get minimum wage as well (8.50/hr)

Then wouldn't some people just buy it from India, its so much cheaper there! Too late for me, I pre-ordered mine.

Last edited:
^ really? Are you serious?

Yes, Karthik is correct. It is the salary for the person working in a reputed company.. If he works for a smaller company, then it will be around 12,000 rupees. Not that everyone in India works in IT firm or a reputed company.

How come salaries in India are so low? I'm only 15 and i earn $1000 a month working at Tim Hortons thats like 43,000 Rupees.

That my friend is reason for outsourcing. :D

scion_sid added 3 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

But games are mostly bought by those who are in school or college. And do you think they can afford saving all their years pocket money for a just one game or get 10 games instead.

Lots of parents give in to kids demand and buy them consoles but they hardly know what the games will cost after that. :p

scion_sid added 2 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

not just in india......but people all over the globe will always want it cheaper and theres always those section who'll download even if its for 100 Rs !!

Rs 500 is Quite affordable....this is definitely a step in the right direction...

i know i'll buy it for 500 rather than 1500 especially when the cricket gaming history hasnt been very bright.

PC games dont cost more than 999 though. You can get those old gen games even at 100 bucks in all these retail outlets.

GamingIndians.com : We’ve been in constant touch with E-Xpress Interactive, Codemasters’ distributor for India, and they’ve confirmed that the game will be available in India on August 7 itself. In fact, we’ve been saying that on the forums long before Codemasters confirmed it today. The PC version will be priced at just Rs 499, while the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will retail for Rs 1,999.

We know that the Wii version will also release here, but while it will release in the UK on August 7, we still don’t know if it will release here simultaneously or what it will be priced at.

Check this link for further details
GamingIndians.com Ashes Cricket 2009 coming to India on August 7

Yeah ! Thanks again Codemasters! Really this would be great ! A great game! :banana2

Users who are viewing this thread