Ashes Cricket in Asia

Is the price is really Rs.500 then Codies will get a lot more original buyers than the pirated ones.

BTW I hope that its not that they have forgot the add 0 to 500 :p

Because it's illegal? Paying the 4000 rupees will repay the developer for their hard work whereas 50 rupees on a pirated copy will go straight into the pocket of the pirate.

Yeah, cause all these music artists, games developers etc are living below the poverty line. There have been many complaints about the prices of CDs, DVDs and games, the numbers they sell more than covers their costs.

As for "hard work" - LMFAO. With some games it's just the same basics from the previous version with a few tweaks. And what is your view then on the second hand trade, is that the money out of the developer's pocket for their "hard work" and into the pocket of the seller?

You'll be telling me next ?75 for a ticket to the Lords Test is reasonable and contributes to all the "hard work" of the organisers, ground staff, players, hot dog vendors, rip off beer sales etc.

You can't find the country to be filled with rich people. I will tell you frankly that I didn't buy PS3 or Xbox because I cannot offord it & thats true. :( Spending those dollars for those PS3s and Xboxs, may be for you people, can be a pocket money but not for people in the middle class.
The situation is that only the higher classes of income earners are the people who have the ability to play the games in the first place.

How much are you having to pay to upgrade your computer to run the game? And of a proportion how much will the copy of AC09 be? For others that don't need to upgrade, how much did you pay for your system in the first place? I bet the cost of the game isn't that big in comparison.

The same goes for the consoles. The only response seems to be that your incomes are low, which doesn't answer the initial issue. If your incomes are low, how are you affording to play the pirated games?

whats the price of PS3 version in India if anybody has some idea or info.?

its gonna be like 60 bucks here. I don't care though, I won't cheap out.

The situation is that only the higher classes of income earners are the people who have the ability to play the games in the first place.

How much are you having to pay to upgrade your computer to run the game? And of a proportion how much will the copy of AC09 be? For others that don't need to upgrade, how much did you pay for your system in the first place? I bet the cost of the game isn't that big in comparison.

The same goes for the consoles. The only response seems to be that your incomes are low, which doesn't answer the initial issue. If your incomes are low, how are you affording to play the pirated games?

Frankly, I belong to middle class! I am coming up in my life slowly and slowly. So not yet reached that higher class.

1) Buying a system, you want to know how? For first 2 years of my college I collected money & paid my money in installments. Any problem now?

2) Upgrading a system, you want to know how? 2004-05 was my system's purchase. It was having no graphics. You can see my C2005 download thread to see how crap EA 05 ran. I was never able to run the game & I ran it with 3D analyzer. But still, I adjusted with the system I had to. I upgraded the system after so much savings of money for 3 years. i.e. 2008! You don't know how many days I longed to have a good system like others, but I know in what level I am & I was planning it up accordingly! Any probs now?

I got employed in 2007 mid. And we are not earning money only to keep buying games. 20K money is hardly anything( especially for a IT programmer ) if you see the Indian economy price inflation.

Thirdly, I don't play pirated games. Only cricket series of games, I own along with only GTA Vice City/Mafia being the exceptions. :sarcasm

The way you are saying, it's like, " I am earning 20000 Rs here, so when I go to US, I should earn 20000 $ ". It's of no-sense.

It doesn't work like that. You have to understand that most of the crowd here are kids, they simply don't have access to all the 20k-30k salary really, once I grow up yes, I can afford to play games at those prices [like 2.5k and 3k] but I simply can't now. Glad that Codies followed GTA IV's way...

The fact is that the developers know that Piracy is rampant here, which I agree is a shameful fact. But if I were them I would rather price a product low and gain something out of it rather than knowing that it is being pirated.

It doesn't work like that. You have to understand that most of the crowd here are kids, they simply don't have access to all the 20k-30k salary really, once I grow up yes, I can afford to play games at those prices [like 2.5k and 3k] but I simply can't now. Glad that Codies followed GTA IV's way...

The fact is that the developers know that Piracy is rampant here, which I agree is a shameful fact. But if I were them I would rather price a product low and gain something out of it rather than knowing that it is being pirated.

Agreed Mate.. No Parents will dish out 2000 rupees for the sake of playing games.. May be High Class family can afford it. Which is may be 2 out 10 families.

Price reduction by codies is most welcomed. Thanks Codmasters!!

Can we please continue on topic ? :sarcasm

How much is a PS3 or an Xbox? If you can afford the system you can't use that excuse. The average salary isn't what people who can afford the latest video games are earning.

PS3 cost 500 USD and XBox 420 USD.

For me buying a Ps3 title is just one day of my salary but still i think 1000 times before buying a PS3 game. Last time I bought Mirror's Edge in PC rather than PS3. Though it was bad choice as that game hasn't installed on my laptop.

NVidia Physx error. :sarcasm

The same goes for the consoles. The only response seems to be that your incomes are low, which doesn't answer the initial issue. If your incomes are low, how are you affording to play the pirated games?[/
QUOTE]

Sorry to say but this is a such low quality post which I wasnt expecting from you:(

my pc was a second hand one,when i brought it(rs 8500),then my parents directly said to me that they will not pay a single money for updating systems(they cant,our monthly income is Rs 30000),

now updating the systems :-saving pocket money+tuition,(took almost 3 years to update)
Btw i got my graphic card from a gaming tournament :D

then i have to pay my Internet bill from these money and so on,and at last my monthly savings becomes Rs 50-75,so now??

You got your computer for 8500! WHAT!! THATS SO CHEAP. You're lucky. What upgrades did you make. 8500 rupees is like 200 dollars here, you can't get a decent computer for less than 600.

You got your computer for 8500! WHAT!! THATS SO CHEAP. You're lucky. .

It was second hand,with Pentium 3 Proccy and 64 mb sd Ram,so what do you expect
i still have the picture of that Epic pc :D
What upgrades did you make.
new Mother board(biostar gf7050-m7),core 2 duo e7300,3 gb ddr 2 ram
AC2009 should be AT LEAST 2000 in india. If its 500...well, thats just gay :mad:

we feel uncomfortable for giving Rs 2000 for silly Pc game

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread