Ashes Cricket in Asia

because piracy is rampant. Even though its less than 10 bloody dollars, there will still be more pirated copies than originals in India.

When did you visited India?

I agree there will be more pirated copies of this cricket game cause it's already in very much discussion and all are eagerly waiting for this.

But i ll do my part and will buy the original copy to devote the developers for their hard work :hpraise

Last edited:
200 rupees? thats a bit more than 3 dollars, be realistic, the world cannot cater to the Indian workers salary. These games cost money to develop. I am paying well over $60 American for the same thing. Fork over the cash or dont play the game.

EDIT: Chetan I refuse to respond to anything you say until you learn proper English grammar.

200 rupees? thats a bit more than 3 dollars, be realistic, the world cannot cater to the Indian workers salary. These games cost money to develop. I am paying well over $60 American for the same thing. Fork over the cash or dont play the game.

EDIT: Chetan I refuse to respond to anything you say until you learn proper English grammar.

We are not the one who decide the price, it's the codemasters who are responsible, what do we do if it's cheap? go file case ;)

We are not the one who decide the price, it's the codemasters who are responsible, what do we do if it's cheap? go file case ;)

*It is Codemasters

*What can we do

*Go file a case

Its 2nd grade grammar mate.

Also, my point was not a complaint on the price, rather the fact that most Indians will still buy a pirated version even though Codies has priced it cheaper than what a couple of Happymeals would cost.

*It is Codemasters

*What can we do

*Go file a case

Its 2nd grade grammar mate.

Also, my point was not a complaint on the price, rather the fact that most Indians will still buy a pirated version even though Codies has priced it cheaper than what a couple of Happymeals would cost.

Thank you very much, madam, i ll surely attend your English grammar classes :)

And how can you say that Indians will buy the pirated version? have you done any sort of survey? instead of buying a pirated version, people rather prefer to download it from net.

Proof that i use, original copy, got bit old though.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2137/21072009362.jpg

2000 is not cheap in India. Average salary of a worker in India can be around 8000 Rs.

200 is cheap though.
How much is a PS3 or an Xbox? If you can afford the system you can't use that excuse. The average salary isn't what people who can afford the latest video games are earning.

Thank you very much, madam, i ll surely attend your English grammar classes :)

And how can you say that Indians will buy the pirated version? have you done any sort of survey? instead of buying a pirated version, people rather prefer to download it from net.

Proof that i use, original copy, got bit old though.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2137/21072009362.jpg

ok so they will download it, whats the difference, pirated is pirated. I like how you are celebrating the fact that you bough an original copy as if its some great achievement.

Why are you guys messing so much we'll find out its price as soon as it launches

ok so they will download it, whats the difference, pirated is pirated. I like how you are celebrating the fact that you bough an original copy as if its some great achievement.

Nah, i m not celebrating, have a box filled with game Cd's, just to notify that i m not the one who buy and support piracy :noway:

2000 is not cheap. And you can't compare dollar with rupees. See, in my own company, when we go for onsite project assignment( i.e, going to US ), we are paid 2000 dollars per month ( minimum ), which is 1,00,000 rs. But after our onsite project assignment ends, we are again paid 20K per month on average ( from which 2-3K goes for tax ). :sarcasm

The case which I told was the scenario for a IT programmer. And not each and every person get into IT companies. There is a difference. 2000 Rs is not cheap here.

And regarding piracy, unless educated people understand by self that original ones are worth buying than the pirated ones, I don't see any improvement. And good GTA sales indeed can be a turning point to stop piracy. If it's offordable to buy, definitely people like buying it. And Codemasters in this case, they are following the right strategy ;)

surendar added 9 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

How much is a PS3 or an Xbox? If you can afford the system you can't use that excuse. The average salary isn't what people who can afford the latest video games are earning.

You can't find the country to be filled with rich people. I will tell you frankly that I didn't buy PS3 or Xbox because I cannot offord it & thats true. :( Spending those dollars for those PS3s and Xboxs, may be for you people, can be a pocket money but not for people in the middle class.

You should know that there are three classes of people here - High class, middle class & lower class. Higher class flooded with money always enjoy, lower class gets some benefit through government.( not luxurious benefits, but benefits to meet the basic needs ) But the people of middle class, atleast in TN government, they are worst affected & it's a known fact in India.

Well, that will be a separate issue if we start talking. Finally, unless you realize the situation, you can't just type in words!

I got most excited when I saw Ashes Cricket Rs 500! And there is nothing wrong I find in Codemasters' marketing/selling strategy. This will gain more buyers and more money! :)

I agree with Suren. In India, for a thing like CD/DVD, even 500 is really high. If they wanted to increase the sales in India, they should probably decrease the price and should be at least less than Rs. 500 otherwise people will go forward with Piracy.

I am happy that I'll be able to get my original copy at low price because the shop is of my relative's :p. Just like I got Crysis for just Rs 200.

Hitterman added 4 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Well, the world knows that India is in the top 3 places for best marketing. In India/Pakistan, the sales of C07 was much higher than sales in Australia, according to a news channel survey.

if the game is priced at rs500 then thier will be very good sales and they can make a profit just based on the quantity.

just Remember your $60=Rs 2700,do you pay 2700 for a Pc game,when You have a Monthly Income Rs 20000-30000 ??
but now it is Rs 500,hope there will be much more sales than any other game :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread