Ashes Cricket in Asia

You my friend, are the reason that PC gaming is on the decline, and soon we'll see next to none of it.

If you can steal a refridgerator and get it for free, why pay 10000+ bucks for it? If you can steal a PC, why pay so much to get a good one?

You don't, then why steal games? If the manufacturer of the product has set a certain price, you don't think it is rightly priced you don't buy it. You don't go around stealing it...

Also, even though your point about short availability of original games in Ind / Pak is valid, your intentions are foul and evil. By your logic, even if codies offered the game for 500 bucks you'd choose the pirated one because its 450 bucks less?

Foolishness? So you're trying to suggest that stealing is smart and paying for something is foolish?

You know what, when you buy the original game, you pay to the original developer. When you buy the pirated one, you only pay the person illegally pirating it for you.

:cool:lol...so how does that affect the buyer who is getting the money, the original developers or the pirate...ur logic seemed severely flawed. The buyer cares about his savings. Moreover a game which costs 4000 to 5000 Rs. looks like extortion rather than business.
:cheers

:cool:lol...so how does that affect the buyer who is getting the money, the original developers or the pirate...ur logic seemed severely flawed. The buyer cares about his savings. Moreover a game which costs 4000 to 5000 Rs. looks like extortion rather than business.

ok! the buyer should care about his savings BUT he should not save at the cost of other people! Saving in your words is pirating stuff but actually saving means not buying!
How much research does one do when he/she goes to buy a computer! People read reviews of each and every part that they buy! They save by not wasting money on useless or low quality brands or products. The same should apply to games also.
If you want to save money while buying games, read reviews about the game,watch the trailer and gameplay videos and only if you like and feel its deserving then go and buy it! Spending 4000 or 5000rs for a crappy piece of software is simply wasting money and you could save by not buying them at all!!

Not seen any title with price tag of 4000 bucks or more in India on any platform.

1. No game costs over 4000 - 5000 bucks.

2. So when you go out to buy a television for yourselves, would you care more about your savings and STEAL?

3. We cannot be the judge of what price we want to pay for a product - do you do the same with say when you go out to buy a PS3?

"The PS3's too expensive, it isn't worth it."

So you say
"Ok lets just steal it."

OR

"I won't buy it!"

I still don't see a fault in my logic, there is no other thing that describes piracy best, than stealing.

Well I live in Canada so basically I am just gonna buy it online since PS3 is region free.

Can you tell me a Indian online store to buy Ashes Cricket 2009?? I really dont trust:rolleyes: local shops as they have fooled me once by giving me pirated Prince of Persia in a Real Plastic box with sealed packing.:mad: Moreover i would like to preorder it....

People who work for the government or just normal jobs get around 10,000rs a month. Compare that to the US where you would get $20-30,000 for the same job. The cost of the game is a much larger fraction of your income in India. I think it's a very good move by Codemasters. I don't live in India but I have and thank you Codemasters for not being so shortsighted.

20-30k? Dude, that's under the national average. Government jobs probably make like 70-80k in the US.

Nothing to do with this thread, though :p.

Cricketman added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Tell me one good shop in India where we can trust the game CD's originality. I used to buy in landmark here, but I never had a satisfaction that those were originals. :rolleyes:

Or any Indian stores have online purchase?

I've always bought my games from Landmark, they're all original.

People who work for the government or just normal jobs get around 10,000rs a month

10k? Emm..I don't think so. Government workers I know of get nearly 30k/40k a month.

I've always bought my games from Landmark, they're all original.

Landmark, Planet M,...there are so many.

I live in Kolkata and apart from the stores like Landmark, Planet M, I have bought original CDs from many stores across the city. So far, they've been fully original.
Thanks to Codemasters for this excellent pricing.. Because of this price tag, many of my mates are going to buy this game. Great work.:clap

I live in Kolkata and apart from the stores like Landmark, Planet M, I have bought original CDs from many stores across the city. So far, they've been fully original.
Thanks to Codemasters for this excellent pricing.. Because of this price tag, many of my mates are going to buy this game. Great work.:clap

Planning to gift me this game on Diwali ? :p

Users who are viewing this thread