Ashes Cricket PC Released

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
12GB of Download .... 4 hours more to complete .

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
I am not 100% sure some of these high prices are intentional, they may be just really poor currency conversion.

I paid $59.99 CDN. That should be £35 (not the £50 they are charging) and approx $66 - 67 NZD (not the $99 they are charging). Somebody has messed up the conversions, badly.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I am not 100% sure some of these high prices are intentional, they may be just really poor currency conversion.

I paid $59.99 CDN. That should be £35 (not the £50 they are charging) and approx $66 - 67 NZD (not the $99 they are charging). Somebody has messed up the conversions, badly.

It isn’t just a simple matter of converting to another currency

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
It isn’t just a simple matter of converting to another currency

You would think so, but the prices from the three countries I listed are obviously not equal.

They either consciously decided to price-gouge NZ and the UK while charging a normal market price in Canada, or somebody messed up bad.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I bought now from my steam wallet for 3799 INR .Thanks BA for steam release finally.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
You would think so, but the prices from the three countries I listed are obviously not equal.

They either consciously decided to price-gouge NZ and the UK while charging a normal market price in Canada, or somebody messed up bad.

Maybe re-read my post. I said it ISN’T a simple matter of converting currency.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Just checked the price here.

I bought DBC 14 for about £35 on release.
I bought DBC 17 for about £35 on release.
Ashes Cricket for me is listed at about £50.

That seems to back up what @Bleddyn said above, but it may be that's just how they've chosen to price it. I'm not paying that much though when DBC 17 is less than a year old. Maybe I'll have a look again later on and see if the price goes down to something more reasonable when the real Ashes series is over.

Last edited:

balkeet

International Coach
Minimum requirements say 2gb graphics card, mine is 1 gb but runs dbc17 demo smoothly

'SideSpin' Dazzer

Club Captain
oh dear and hats off boys disgraceful Big Ant, £50 and I am getting "you need to be online to play".

I HATE WITH A VENGEANCE always online games..................................but I am getting this message whilst being online throughout.

So you have charged this £50 due to the great reviews on consoles (I've already purchased it on XBOXONEX), and now raise the price to a silly amount for PC, and here at 3am on the day of release I am being told I am not online when I am indeed.............online, and not via a VPN either, a pure connection here in London.

So put them cigars away please Big Ant, and come down to earth again, and realize that you cannot stitch up the PC community..........................especially those like me who already have bought a console version of the game for £45, and have now paid £49.99 for this non-working, and always-online (arrrghh!!!) PC version that is telling me I am not online............when I am. I work in I.T., so know what I am talking about guys....

Bleddyn

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Canada
Having said that my main issue now is that I'm not receiving my activation code for the academy account.

Same problem here, seems a few of us are stuck waiting at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread